need help because im alittle worried

cobralove90

Established Member
ok last tuesday i was crusing down route 9 at 70 in 6th gear and everything was going good and was going to visit a old friend that live down the parkway so i decided to go and get on the parkway from route 9 since its close instead of going all the way around to get on and under the bridge right before the ramp a cop was sitting there radaring without any lights on and was just gettin on the parkway when he comes flying up behind me and waited a couple mins before turning his lights on and was told i was doing 76 but i dought that true and need help seeing if i can beat the ticket or get it dropped, i already have 6 points and 3 accidents 2 werent my fault and its been a week short of a year since my last ticket, u think i get away from this and the speed limit on 9 is 50 and the parkway is 55 but everyone does 70 on the parkway

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
The only chance you have at getting the summons dismissed is by hiring a lawyer to request discovery on the officer's radar certification. If it's good, then you're screwed. The best you can hope for is an amendment to 39:4-97.2 (unsafe driving). It's a no point ticket but carries a huge state surcharge, in the area of $400. I would say you're gonna eat this one. BTW, not being a dick but using periods when typing really helps alot. I had to read your post 3 times to understand it.

Swaie

Established Member
Get a continuance let the other ticket drop off...then get a lawyer!

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
You were speeding, so you're not going to beat it, regardless if others speed at that location (probably why they run radar there).

Get a lawyer to amend the charge so you won't assess points on your license, but it will cost your pocket book.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Research a good defense attorney that does traffic court. Don't let anyone say that you won't get out of it...that's what lawyers are for and you may in fact walk.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
that's what lawyers are for and you may in fact walk.

Sad that this is what it boils down to nowadays. The fact that lawyers have morphed into one that helps another avoid personal responsibility for their actions...

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
I'm pretty sure thats what they have always done. It's their job.

The original concept of attorneys was that of client advocate.

That's one of the main problems with society today. Many people have no concept of what personal responsibility is. It's not their fault they screwed up and they must look for any way possible to get away from answering for their deeds.

Personal responsibility... A forgotten concept.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
The original concept of attorneys was that of client advocate.

That's one of the main problems with society today. Many people have no concept of what personal responsibility is. It's not their fault they screwed up and they must look for any way possible to get away from answering for their deeds.

Personal responsibility... A forgotten concept.

Boy, isn't this the truth. Its how can we screw with the officer/courts to get out of my responsibilties. I have heard defense attorneys take cases where they know their client doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell. So its wrong on both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread