Need Help ASaPlease with power windows

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
Just about to go to work and my windows won't go up I can hear a click when I press down on the auto what number of fuse am i looking for .everything eslse works lights power door locks just the windows wont go up.

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
well I don't think its a fuse because I was able to close the passanger window using the passanger side button so its something in my driver side switch button :( I was looking so foward to using her today its been awhile and its 58 out.I liked it better when she was my daily driver everything worked now that its parked things seem to be messing up.

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
Is the window all the way down? If not, try to grab the glass with your hand and lift it up while pressing the switch up. Also, try to bang on the door panel with your hand while pressing the switch up. Sometimes, the motors will hang up or get a dead spot in them.

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
Well banging didn't work ,I can hear it click when I press down the auto but nothing,the power mirrors work and the buttons still lights up green just no power from that switch I guess I'll do a search later I gots to go work.Maybe it was a good thing I didn't use her today.

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
When you have time, remove your door panel and, lift on the regulator while pressing the button. Check both wires at the motor for power and ground when the switch is being pressed open and close.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
If you lift up on the switch bezel you can test the operation of the switch and circuit. It will ether show power being supplied to the up and down circuit or nothing at all when you press the up/down buttons. If your getting the correct signal then it's going to be the motor itself. With hearing the relay click I'd put my $$$ on the motor.

The window motors are famous for going out.

joey_88

Established Member
My truck did this 3 times total this past year. I just bang the door panel and presto.

I hope i just didnt jinx myself.:nonono:

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
Ok I got the door panel off and trying to figure out the problem.if its the motor how come I can't lower the passanger side with the driver side button,the passanger side works fine,and on top of that my battery just went dead its the original so I got to buy a new oneIf its the switch itself how much $$$ I'm I looking at?

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
Problem solved it was a fuse that was connected to the alarms window module ,the one that allows me to raise or lower my windows using my remote, it was blown out ,I even fixed the Ni#@ger rig they did with the speakers using grey tape .Then had a few cold ones.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread