Need Help ASAP!!!!!!!

GoldRush54

Established Member
Hey guys, I am experiencing some problems. I own a 2002 Ford Lightning and the truck is running horrible. It feels completely powerless. Everytime I step on the gas it bogs out and just doesnt go like it used to. Something is wrong and I dont know where to start to look. What should I do to fix this problem???? Thanks alot guys

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Need a few more details. Any mods on the truck? Best place is to start simple. Plugs, fuel filter, air filter, make sure the ic pump is running. How many miles are on the truck? Intercooler probably needs to be cleaned as well.

GoldRush54

Established Member
the only mod on the truck is intake. The truck has 32,000 miles on it. For example lets say I am going 40 mph and i put the petal to the floor, the truck acts like it doesnt wanna go it just sputters and basically runs like a 4 cylinder I hate it

GoldRush54

Established Member
yea i am still getting boost i hope its just the fuel filter i dont think it has ever been changed

bad302

i had the same issue on my 99. It nose dived cruising on the highway.
After a fuel pressure test, i noticed the fuel pressure regulator was not putting out and thought it was bad. I took it to a local shop and come to find out one of the hoses leading to the fuel pump cam off.
The incoming line comes into the pumps and then Y's off to supply fuel to each pump. The factory uses crappy fitting and it fell off. I replaced with GOOD Fuel submergable fuel grade line and new clamps. Problem solved for lose of power issue.:rockon:

GoldRush54

Established Member
Well I am going to replace the fuel filter today because I dont think it has ever been changed and it has 30,000 miles on it

chrisheltra

Established Member
Dont give the truck a lot of gas until you get it fixed.

Check your fuel filter
ChecK your coils
Change your plugs
Clean your IAC
Clean your MAF

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Yeah, DON'T drive it like that until you get it fixed. Have you checked the things that people have suggested?

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
another for what everyone else said, check the basics; your discription sounds exactly like mine when i had a plug issue

GoldRush54

Established Member
I just changed my fuel filter and the gas was dripping out. I am not a mechanic by any means but shouldnt the fuel going through the fuel filter be a stream instead of dripping. it seems to be running great after changing it.

04RedApple

Established Member
When you disconnect either end, all you will see drip/run out is what fuel was trapped inside the filter when the engine/fuel pump was shut off.
The only way you would see a steady stream would be to put a vaccum on the engine side of the filter to pull fuel from the tank which is basically taking the place of the fuel pump.

If it runs good now, then that was the problem. Should be changed approx every other oil change!

92Snatch

Established Member
for future reference......change ur fuel filter atleast every other oil change. Hell i change mine every oil change on my truck. Its an extra 10bucks for a lil added security. Change the plugs too if u havent changed them before. TR6 -(plugs)

Users who are viewing this thread