Need Help Asap!!!

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
I just got through helping a buddy install all the BF idlers and the 2.76 pully. We disconnectd the battary took the old chip out of the car per Dougs instruction. We got everything installed and put the tune in ith the Xcaliber2 and now the car wont start. It will turn over but it seems as though the PATS system is interfering because the theft light blinks.

We took the pully tune out and tried to start it and sure enough it started right up. Where can we be going wrong here? Please help ASAP. Many thanks in advance.

whiplash306

Established Member
Slowbra04 said:
Anything else....ha! It's my car we're talking about....I hate being patient when I'm so excited to test this pulley and tune out. But, guess I'll have to wait to talk with Doug from Billetflow tomorrow. He was a class act when I ordered everything, so I'm sure I'll have no problems resolving whatever this issue is!....:thumbsup:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I think its a failsafe that if the tune is corrupt (won't pass a CRC check or something similar), it activates PATS to prevent the vehicle from actually starting with the 'bad tune'

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
believe me, your friend will be happy with the tune :)

like any computer file, they can get corrupt

was it loaded on the XCAL2 already or sent via email?

whiplash306

Established Member
It was loaded on the XCAL2 at Billetflow, specific to my mods, and then sent to me, along with the pulley and idlers...I know once everything is good, it'll be fun....but DAMN, it's like all this excitement pent up and replaced with frustration...ha!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Doug will get things taken care of tomorrow, Jarod :thumbsup:

BTW, what is your PCM code? (sticker on passenger door)

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Yeah...im positive it will get fixed. On the occassions I have dealt with Doug, he seems to be a good guy and truely concerned with customer care. Thats really hard to find these days!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
that's true...

he has good values and runs things according to his own standards, which are often higher than many businesses feel they can 'afford'

and he's a car nut, like everyone here!

Last edited:

whiplash306

Established Member
JB said:
Doug will get things taken care of tomorrow, Jarod :thumbsup:

BTW, what is your PCM code? (sticker on passenger door)
There are 2 codes on the door....one grouping "AMZ1" that is in large lettering and a smaller grouping of lettering..."4R3A-AAB". I gave these both to Doug, so maybe that eliminates one possibility! Thanks for your interest in helping though....I DEFINATELY appreciate it. Of course, once all this is figured out, I will post our findings so that those that face the same in the future will have an easier go of it!.....

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
The code he is lookin for is AMZ1. Thats the ECU code. Its stamped on the inside of the door panel so that if its needed, a Tech or shadetree mechanic like us wont have to yank out the ECU just to see what the code is. :D

dougwg

Established Member
Sounds like a corrupt file.

I'll give you a call later today and get a new file e-mailed out to you ASAP.

whiplash306

Established Member
Spoke with Billetflow once today and his tuner 3 times...as expected, no problems! Even more impressive, they are sending me out a new tuner overnight so I can get my car on the road, all while allowing me to send back the old tuner snail mail! Trust!!!! Amazing, huh? You just don't often hear of that in businesses now-a-days! So, so far business dealings with Billetflow have been OUTSTANDING! Thanks Doug!

Users who are viewing this thread