need help asap flowtube!!!

gtowncobra

Established Member
hey guys i need help getting my flowtube cap off problem is its stripped does anyone know how to get it off when this happens car is over heating has an air bubble so i need refill it but i cant get it off!!!

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
the square is stripped ?? If so maybe the right size easy out tool can get it out ...u can buy these @ advance auto ect or maybe some channel locks around the edge?

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Never heard of a "flow tube," or a "flow tube cap." You may be referring to the cross-over tube. It normally takes the 1/4" drive end of a ratchet, or extension. If it's really tight, you can heat it up to loosen it. Last resort is drilling it and using an easy-out. When you install the new one, lubricate it and or have a nut welded on it, for easier removal next time. JMO

nicolae88

Slow "Pink" car.
Established Member
I ended up using a torch and a pair of vise grips on mine. It worked like a charm for me after I broke a 1/4' ratchet,and then twisted off an extension!

Dekorum

Established Member
Flowtube refers to the pipe that connects the mid pipe to the muffler. I thought you were talking about exhaust until I read "overheating," heh.

gtowncobra

Established Member
lol yea guys thanks for the help i was freaking out but i meant crossover tube

Users who are viewing this thread