need help!!!!! and ur opinions

JuiceStang

well went to go trade the car in so i could get a truck today...and when the guy test drove my car...he went then came back and when he went to go do a u so he could pull back in in the middle of the u-turn the stang just died...and wouldnt crank back up...and the theft light was flashing...which it has never done...it would try 2 turn over but wouldnt start like it wasent getting any gas???

need some opinions on what it could be...

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Sounds like a PATS (passive Anti Theft System) problem. Either the key is messed up or something in the computer. For some reason the car isn't getting the code from the key, causing the light and fuel cutoff. Try a different key and see if that helps. Ford vehicles do this fairly often.

JuiceStang

i was only givin one key w/ the car...no alarm pad or anything i was told by a guy that does alarm that somebody had the alarm bypassed and it should have never started but it has since i got it almost 2 years ago but now it doesnt...a guy on need2speed. told me he had the same problem this is what he said....

Ooooh,. ooooh. This happened to me.

Driver side kick panel, under the carpet. There is an inline fuse. Pull it and see if it starts. Should be on a red wire IIRC. That or see if its blown. I think I pulled mine when I had that problem. My car has keyless entry, trunk and anti theft. But the owner never gave me the key fobs. And Ford wants $100+ for $5 Key fobs and to reset the alarm. I tinted the windows instead. Anyway... my antitheft light went off and I had no way of turning the alarm off. I pulled that fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread