need help aligh rear lower control arm

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
i need help quick. Installing lower control arm right now. Run into problem, i installed the right arms and now doing the left side but the left side wont line up the 2 holes. What should i do? Someone know how to fix this please response for me, thanks

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Did you flip the right arm when you installed it? They have a slight offset on one side if i remember correctly. Did you take both out at the same time? I cant see it being the rear axle out of position unless you tried both together. If so maybe push the axle over enough to put it in.

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
no. one side at a time . Iam also doing the upper arm now. At first both arms fit fine , but the upper arm hole wont line up so i try to unbolt the left arm . Now the upper arm and the right arm fit but the left arm about an inches short to line up the hole. What should i do?

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
If you replaced the upper mount bracket or just didnt loosen it try that but leave the bolt started so you have a way to cinch it all back together. It sounds like your just having issues pushing the axel tubes back into position. They can get a little off center because of the weight and other connecting points. When i did mine i was able to use a jack to persuade the housing back into position. It can be a pain by yourself to move all of that weight. Maybe get a buddy to help? Also, i'll PM you my number so you can maybe send a photo?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
without a photo it's hard to tell. if it's supported by the frame and not the rearend then jack up the frame some. if you have the frame supported then a jack under the pumpkin and a little push should have it in there. worst case put a strap around the rear end and catch the crossmember for leverage and use it to pull the rear in place with a jack under the rear end to hold the weight. I'm like McGyver when I'm by myself

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
Thanks everyone. I got it done. I use one hand pushing the axle toward the front of car, the other hand trying to slot the bolt in . Have to use legs pushing against garage door thou . That axle is heavy, haha

Users who are viewing this thread