Need help adjusting clutch.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Hey guys I know this issue has been beaten to death but here I go anyway.
This weekend I went racing and something weird has happened. I just recently changed my clutch and the pedal has about a half inch of slack before engaging. Now for some reason it's tight all the way to end and I'm afraid my clutch isn't fully engaging.

The question is why has this happened and how can I cure it. I tried turning my firewall adjuster out and it's so hard my thumb has blistered and has almost no skin left on it. Sorry for the graphic description but I can't explain my situation any differently.

I'm thinking of hooking the cable the on a closer hook and not the furthest one will solve my problem. And then, I'll unscrew my adjuster and I should be fine? I'm confused and maybe someone who knows what I'm talking about can chime in.

hmwave

Established Member
If you screw the adjuster all the way into the firewall (loosening the cable) and the pedal still has no slack you need to move to another quadrant hook, one 'higher up' on the quadrant (nearer the firewall).

When properly adjusted, the adjuster should turn fairly easily when not locked and the pedal should have no more than about a 1/2" of play before the cable takes up tension.

Mine is on the middle hook (UPR adjuster).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread