Need Help: A Couple Of Issues With Whipple

BanjomanCRNA

Established Member
I have had my car back for a couple of weeks now and I have a few problems. My mods:
whipple
3.0 pulley
ported tb
xcal tune
gt fuel pumps
slp cb
steeda xpipe
60 lb injectors
ultra pro series heat exchanger
steeda cai
idlers
dfx clutch and input shaft
irs brace
I have two different problems:
Last thursday I went to track and ran a 12.1 at 118mph and on next pass ran a bad time, because my blower vaccuum hoses blew off. I clamped the two hoses on and went home. This car mind you is not a daily driver. The clutch has about 350 -400 break-in miles on it and it is breaking in well except for the fact that the tob started screaming when the clutch isfully out. I called and am being sent a new one. I also purchased the fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster. Will this help any? Do I need more play? Also the car dynoed at 604 rwhp and 572 lb tq. My concerns are my tob of course and my track times, specifically the mph. Before I had all of the work done I was running a stock blower with a 2.8 pulley and a tune and a cai and I was running 12.8-12.9 at 112-116 mph. I went to the track tonight and my best was a 12.2 at 117 mph. What is the deal? The only thing I noticed is my intercooler reservoir was slightly low of cooland. I am running mt drag radials. I have a dyno tune and it is pretty safe. I really could use some help. I spent a ton of money and now my car is only .6 and 2 mph faster. I really have a problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

Banned
BanjomanCRNA said:
I have had my car back for a couple of weeks now and I have a few problems. My mods:
whipple
3.0 pulley
ported tb
xcal tune
gt fuel pumps
slp cb
steeda xpipe
60 lb injectors
ultra pro series heat exchanger
steeda cai
idlers
dfx clutch and input shaft
irs brace
I have two different problems:
Last thursday I went to track and ran a 12.1 at 118mph and on next pass ran a bad time, because my blower vaccuum hoses blew off. I clamped the two hoses on and went home. This car mind you is not a daily driver. The clutch has about 350 -400 break-in miles on it and it is breaking in well except for the fact that the tob started screaming when the clutch isfully out. I called and am being sent a new one. I also purchased the fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster. Will this help any? Do I need more play? Also the car dynoed at 604 rwhp and 572 lb tq. My concerns are my tob of course and my track times, specifically the mph. Before I had all of the work done I was running a stock blower with a 2.8 pulley and a tune and a cai and I was running 12.8-12.9 at 112-116 mph. I went to the track tonight and my best was a 12.2 at 117 mph. What is the deal? The only thing I noticed is my intercooler reservoir was slightly low of cooland. I am running mt drag radials. I have a dyno tune and it is pretty safe. I really could use some help. I spent a ton of money and now my car is only .6 and 2 mph faster. I really have a problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

well your traps are real low for making that type of power... I'd guess something happened between your dynos and runs.. Unless track conditions were like super hot.. maybe you're racing at a real high elevation??

I know I trap in the 120's and 130's on that kinda power..

even if it's your clutch, it should be VERY obvious if it's slipping.. if it's a question of horrible traction you'd still be trapping mega high..

Interesting

Users who are viewing this thread