""need help 89 notchback""!!

1sick_svt

Established Member
so i have a 89 5.0 coupe i just bought not too long ago i was wondering if maybe one of you guys have ran into this problem when i start my car cold it smokes up but goes away shortly <whiteish blue smoke> after i drive around for a couple miles 6-10...it will begin smoking up at idle not so bad but it smell real rich????i was told it can be bad injectors?

also my tps sensor don't work and i just bought a new one???

any tips before i take it apart??:??::??::(

dcpatters

Established Member
How many miles on the motor? From what you described sounds like leaking valve guides? If it was a fueling issue the smoke would be black. How does it run and idle?

Last edited:

1sick_svt

Established Member
runs and idles good about 60-65k miles sense the motor has been put together i say nomore then 5k

306 forged internals
afr 165cc head
24#injectors

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Could be a couple of problems. Like has already been said, the smoke when first started up could be valve guides. The Smoke later could be from several sources. Check the fuel filter and change that. A partially clogged fuel filter could cause a rich running condition. A couple of partially clogged (dirty) fuel nozzles could cause the same condition. While you are working it go ahead and do the idle setting procedures BY THE BOOK. Any of these things can cause a rich run type of condition.

The Snake

billsigf1_zps0d79b1a4.jpg

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Check your PCV system while your at it. I've seen some pretty oil soaked intakes before..

If the car is running rich, there are several things to check, some of which have already been mentioned. Does the car have an adjustable FPR? If so, where is it set currently?

1sick_svt

Established Member
So i took of my upper intake yes it was oily
I took of the injectora and found out 2 of them are cracked from where it injects the fuel into the lower
Im currently running a holly fpr and it set up 2 35 lbs ill try to take some pics of the injectors and upload them

Whats the pcv im new at this ?

Users who are viewing this thread