Need go fast help :(

GTJackie

Established Member
Sooo I'd like to mod my car to breathe a little better and potentially gain some horses somewhere...but I'm horrible at thinking of ways...I also want to cut out some weight, but can't do back seat delete because then the little one can't ride along.....advice?!:shrug:

Also, i'm looking not to have to spend too much...

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Subframe connectors, off road X pipe, gears, and a tune are what I would start off with. Also a set of lowering springs, upper/lower rear control arms and caster/camber plates.

Auto or manual?

and add a nice set of wheels/tires.

hollowdweller

Established Member
Best/cheapest mod I did was cut my cats off. $50 and I could tell a difference. You'll need MIL eliminators, chip, or programmer for your rear 02 sensors. Then I'd go after gears, 4.10's or 4.30's. After that nitrous or a supercharger, all other bolt-ons are a waste of $$$ IMO! I did the pulleys, CAI, LT headers, TB and intake plenum, etc and didn't gain crap.....that's just my experience though.

spike_africa

Established Member
What is done to the car now, and what do you plan to do with it. Street fun car, daily driver, weekend warrior, road race, drag race what?

coposrv

Established Member
Skip most of the bolt on's. what you spend on bolt on's + labor is more than an s trim kit. Smaller blower and 8-10 psi and you will be at 400ish and should be plenty safe for a while. Leak down and compression test, if your engines healthy boost away.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Tubular k member with tubular a arms for weight reduction and you could even look into lighter wheels bbs makes light wheels and I would do off road x and switch out the catback or weld In a different set of mufflers and gears are the best bolt on IMO ...

GTJackie

Established Member
Currently I have SLP Pro Flow catback with O/R H pipe...o/r x is too raspy for my liking. There are lowering springs in it, but the guy I bought it from was the one that installed those...so i'm not sure what they are....rebuilt the motor this past November and put .20 over pistons in it..i'm wanting some 3:73's because it is my daily driver and I don't want to completely annihilate my gas mileage! LOL. Oh, and it's manual....

That's about it I think..I just want to beat all the camaro boys that talk trash on Mustangs:) Lots of those around here! And who better to beat them than a girl!?!? :)

Last edited:

GTJackie

Established Member
Also............best place to get these parts? Normally I use AM because of free shipping. Sometimes i'll use Lethal..but they tend to be a bit pricier..

coposrv

Established Member
Look around the forums and eBay. There always a ton of deals to be had.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
underdrive pulleys are also a nice addition, when I ran NASA rules we had to be real close to "stock", I ran a 75mm throttle body, CAI, pulleys, tune and an "x" pipe. That made a significant difference and didn't break the bank.
After that, SFC's are a real good idea, make sure they are full length, gears are also good I'd stay away from upper control arms unless it's a drag car they just screw up the car's handling on the street,(because of the screwed up triangulated 4 link) a good set of lowers works well.

Users who are viewing this thread