Need Fitting for Bottom of Cobra Manifold

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
HELP!
Ford wants to sell me the whole manifold for over $700!!!

I sent my manifold out for porting and the fitting didn't come back with it. Not having any luck getting it back from him so I thought I'd try to find one here.

It's the right-angle fitting that screws into the bottom of the manifold with 3/8" barb fitting which screws into the pipe thread hole on the bottom of the manifold.

I've heard of some conversions to aluminum blocks (Teksid?) which require a shorter fitting so surely somebody has one of these laying around...

Thanks.

ChrisWoodard

Living for the King
Established Member
Why don't you go to Home Depot and buy one. I think it is just 3/8" NPT (maybe 1/2" NPT thread) in the bottom of the intake... nothing special. You will probably have to buy a male/female 90 deg elbow and a male/male 3/8" barb nipple. Less than $10. Mine was plugged when I bought my car. When I pulled the GenVII system off I needed the extra boost reference port so I had to do the same thing.

Invictus

Banned
Why don't you go to Home Depot and buy one. I think it is just 3/8" NPT (maybe 1/2" NPT thread) in the bottom of the intake... nothing special. You will probably have to buy a male/female 90 deg elbow and a male/male 3/8" barb nipple. Less than $10. Mine was plugged when I bought my car. When I pulled the GenVII system off I needed the extra boost reference port so I had to do the same thing.

+1

It's not a big deal

2Marauders

Established Member
Got one from a very helpful MF member. Discovered there is a small orifice inside the fitting. I imagine the hardware store fitting would lose more boost compared to the OEM part.

RussZTT

Established Member
I don't think that was a good idea for that to be plugged. All it takes is for your IC to start leaking and the coolant will have no where to go except into the cylinders.

04gtstang

Established Member
I don't think that was a good idea for that to be plugged. All it takes is for your IC to start leaking and the coolant will have no where to go except into the cylinders.

:lol: um thats where its going to go anyways! Where do you think the vac is coming from? Yep your cylinders :)

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
:lol: um thats where its going to go anyways! Where do you think the vac is coming from? Yep your cylinders :)
The vac from that fitting will pull any coolant thats leaked from your IC (if it starts leaking). If its plugged, the coolant will go into your cylinders...meaning hydrolock. ;-)

2Marauders

Established Member
Actually the vacuum at that fitting is coming from the cylinders. It connects back to the intake plenum, which also gets its vacuum from the cylinders.

A water leak at the intercooler is going into the cylinders, nothing will prevent that.

I suspect the purpose of this whole thing is to reduce oil from the PCV system from pooling in the bottom of the manifold. Under boost, the pressure will blow oil out of the fitting and back to the plenum. Some of this oil will lubricate the rotors, some may stay vaporized and be burned by combustion, some will coat the intercooler, and some will be right back at the bottom of the manifold.

Last edited:

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
I Pmed You Days Ago, I Have Fittings Up The Ying Yang. I Take These Off All The Cobras I Work On. If You Want One Please Pm Back, I Will Send Out To You

RussZTT

Established Member
Actually the vacuum at that fitting is coming from the cylinders. It connects back to the intake plenum, which also gets its vacuum from the cylinders.

A water leak at the intercooler is going into the cylinders, nothing will prevent that.

I suspect the purpose of this whole thing is to reduce oil from the PCV system from pooling in the bottom of the manifold. Under boost, the pressure will blow oil out of the fitting and back to the plenum. Some of this oil will lubricate the rotors, some may stay vaporized and be burned by combustion, some will coat the intercooler, and some will be right back at the bottom of the manifold.
Ah, I see what your saying. I have a catch can inline so in the back of my mind I was thinking im safer.

Users who are viewing this thread