need expert on 93 cobra and cobra r.

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
in the process of obtaining a 1993 lx 5.0 that has a bunch of odd stuff ordered on it.
red car black interior
no power locks, windows, no ac, no power mirrors, basic sterio no upgrade,
no rear defrost,
kinda ordered like a r
anyone have any info on this,

auto car also
it was ordered by mr. gasket.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Well, back then ford let you ORDER the car YOU wanted instead of limited options mostly thrown together in PEP packages. In the fox days you had much greater flexibility. No idea on the Mr. Gasket connection.

Tom

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
well i know the car was ordered by mr. gasket for there shop. it was the accel dfi test car. Not sure what the intent was with the car . I called marti report they said the would know something in a year or so. thanks
anyone els

svt2205

Established Member
That's a bummer to hear. Last time I emailed Kevin, last fall, he expected the 93 data to be available late this year. Oh well, can't imagine how much works involved in managing all the data.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Sounds to me like the same basic package that was offered for Special Service Package Mustangs. I have bought/sold several 5.0 coupes over the years that were no option cars like yours. They are odd balls but nothing I would consider rare or "collectible"

A friend of mine has a 93 Coupe that was ordered by Mobil to use as a test vehicle for its oil products. Its a 5.0 Coupe with absolulely no options and is a 5 speed.... the cheapest 5.0 available in '93. He bought it back in '95 with ~ 5k miles on it.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
long term colectability?

I very seriously doubt it.... it being a hatchback LX makes it even less desireable.

The only aero foxes that I could forsee being collectible: '93 R, '93 Cobra, Saleens, 5.0 Coupes (that are NICE) and possibly a hard loaded super nice low mile GT

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
personally i think a one off would be worth more than a 93 cobra that they made thousands of.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Rarity does not always make a car desireable or collectable..... there are a lot of one of few cars made yet they are worthless.

My 84 5.0 Coupe is verified as 1 of only 2 built and I bought it from the original owners family after he passed away. I don't think the car will ever bring a significant amount more than any other 84 5.0 Coupe in the same shape.... and its as about as rare as you can get.

Why do you think the car is rare because of those options? Like mentioned above you could order a fox body in many different configurations. I recently got rid of a 89 GT that I owned for several years. It was a factory NO A/C, Manual Windows, Manual Locks, No Cassette, No Defroster, No Tilt, Cloth Interior, Yet had a factory sunroof... talking about a very odd combo to be such a stripped model yet had a factory sunroof and was a GT.

I guess all I can say is: buy the car, sit it in a garage to waste away for 20 years, and then sell it... you will then know wether or not it was collectible car that was highly sought after..... otherwise its all just a shot in the dark.

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
the 89 gt would have been a cool car. I have always wanted something someones doesnt have. i guess it makes no differece Im gona drive the car. and think if someone would want to chop it up for a race car it would be a good factory stock car. thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread