Need Everyones Opinion

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
Want FEEDBACK please, did this at a local sites and got 90% of my advice from Chevrolet guys with all CCW and Forged rims lol

So I just bought this about 2 months ago and have already done little tweaks to it.. so I am ready to get my rims. Before anyone tells me to do some looking I have already went through all 100 pages of the official pic thread. I have narrowed it done to a cuple of options.. I like Saleens alot, which was what i wanted, but I have wanted DD rims since I have got into the car scene so that Is what I am going with, i have been thinking about it a week straight.

EDIT: No matter what I get they will be 18's.. I have 2 255/40r-18 nittos and 2 315/35-18 nitto DR's sitting on my coffee table

Here is my car if anyone is wondering.
100_0246.gif

Option 1 DD Cobra R's 18x9 and 18x10
11.gif

12.gif

For something like this
oshit.gif

nospoilerox9.gif

Option 2 DD FR500's 18x9 and 18x10
fr50018x9.gif

fr50018x10.gif

Option 3 DD Bullits 18x9 and 18x10
18x9black.gif

(IF ANYONE HAS PICS OF THESE RIMS THAT ARE 18'S PLEASE POST)

Helomech74

Established Member
Personally I don't care for any of the choices. Don't get me wrong, they are nice looking wheels, but I get tired of seeing the same wheels all over the place. If I had to choose any of them, I would take the FR500's.

I am going to do something a little different with a set of 17" FR500's that I have in the garage. They are already stripped to bare aluminum, so I am going to narrow the fronts to 17x5's and widen the rears to 17x11 and have them recoated in a custom stainless color with a polished lip. This is going to be my new track setup. Should look nice.

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
Personally I don't care for any of the choices. Don't get me wrong, they are nice looking wheels, but I get tired of seeing the same wheels all over the place. If I had to choose any of them, I would take the FR500's.

I am going to do something a little different with a set of 17" FR500's that I have in the garage. They are already stripped to bare aluminum, so I am going to narrow the fronts to 17x5's and widen the rears to 17x11 and have them recoated in a custom stainless color with a polished lip. This is going to be my new track setup. Should look nice.

see thats what i got from the other site is a bunch of "I don't care for any of the choices." The thing is, from notfastenuf, I dont want to spend 2 grand on wheels for a 10 grand car.. i realize that they are all played out.. but what else.. CCW, true forged, i-forged, bbs??? expensive

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
i kinda like the factory wheels....

thats why i like 95 cobra r's because they are pretty similar to each other..

IF anyone has any other suggestions.. please post pics or tell me, im taking the weekend to let everything sink in because this is the only mod that i am not sure of

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Well I'm running Foose Nitrous on mine. Saw them and fell in love. A deep dish modernized version of the TT2's. So far to my knowledge, I am the only sn-95 running them that I have seen on the internet or locally, but hell, I wouldn't mind seeing someone else sporting them.

They aren't everyones slice of pie, but I tell you around here I get some serious compliments on them, young and old crowds alike.

As for pics, just check my cardomain, I've got plenty at almost all angles.

Last edited:

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
deepdish04cobrawheels.gif

These were my first choice when i started looking.. but they dont exist

Damn that is nice! They don't exist? Where'd you get the pic from? The over all design and fall out of the rim to the lip is perfect! I'd have those as my first choice but out of the set that DO exist I'd go for the DD Cobra R's. The fr500 are nice but the stock look with deep dish would be my choice from your list.

Last edited:

96 chris

Established Member
Well I'm running Foose Nitrous on mine. Saw them and fell in love. A deep dish modernized version of the TT2's. So far to my knowledge, I am the only sn-95 running them that I have seen on the internet or locally, but hell, I wouldn't mind seeing someone else sporting them.

They aren't everyones slice of pie, but I tell you around here I get some serious compliments on them, young and old crowds alike.

As for pics, just check my cardomain, I've got plenty at almost all angles.

Yeah your wheels look sweet.

I went with American Racing Tourq Thrust 2's. A lot rarer on these cars and looks badass.

There are sooooo many wheels out there guys, I realize theres some pretty ricey ones but look through websites and magazines and I'm sure you can find something different than Saleen/FR500/Bullitt wheels.

Last edited:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I think some hypercoated deep dish cobra r's would look good against the black. I like both choices you have there, in black I like the FR500's.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I like the DD Cobra R's.

Always been a fan of the 95 R's. There are many times I've considered selling my Saleens and going to a set of chrome 17" R, and selling my S281 and putting the stock wing back on. It's just sort of a timeless look.

I really don't think you can go wrong with the R's...

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
Damn that is nice! They don't exist? Where'd you get the pic from? The over all design and fall out of the rim to the lip is perfect! I'd have those as my first choice but out of the set that DO exist I'd go for the DD Cobra R's. The fr500 are nice but the stock look with deep dish would be my choice from your list.

they are photoshopped by someone... makes me angry

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Yeah your wheels look sweet.

I went with American Racing Tourq Thrust 2's. A lot rarer on these cars and looks badass.

There are sooooo many wheels out there guys, I realize theres some pretty ricey ones but look through websites and magazines and I'm sure you can find something different than Saleen/FR500/Bullitt wheels.

Thanks dude. I was so close to gettting the TT2's. Then a buddy of mine got them on his new edge GT, a little smaller in diameter but nice big tires with 315's in the back. I was like "oh my god I'm having second thoughts". They just look so good on our cars, and they really do look entirely different from the bullits for some reason. Got any pics of your ride with them? PM me so we don't end up hijacking the thread.

CWJameson

Cobra Commander
Established Member
id get your rims powder coated to a dark silver grey just not black

to much black :<

but a nice DSG on the factory wheels would be WIN!

Marcosvt

Svt Power
Established Member
Bro i have always wanted a black 96-98 cobra if i had black 96-98 i would get saleen wheels with saleen wing chrome letters with euro tails the ones with the yellow corners and smoked headlights or chrome headlights, but if yours was the 94-95 then i would put the cobra r hood with the black with chrome lip wheels just like the pictures but thats just me, i think algos car is similar to what i would do just with saleens and euro tails.

Users who are viewing this thread