Need COP's

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
I am getting studdering and the CEL came on flashing..I checked the codes and it was #6 cylinder misfire...Anyone try Johnny Lightning COP's?..they are $225 but at JDM they are $599 for a set of 8..Are the JL ones ok???the price is killer....thanks..Ken

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Have you tried swapping #6 to another location to make sure now that cylinder have the code? Usually when that does happen, it's just the coil boot and boots are really cheap to replace vs the whole COP or the fancy ones that ppl sell after owning them for a month.

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
thats exactly what i was gonna try tomorrow (weather permitting)..was gonna swap 6 with 1..and clear the codes..see if it changes...thanks cobra for your help..you rock.....
also..was wondering if anyone has heard about the JL COP's..for $225 for 8 instead of $75 each from Ford...are the OEM quality??

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
OK...changed the #6 COP with the #1...rescanned..#1 fault..so definetely is the COP....went to stealership..paid $94 out the door....all running good now..no faults..thanks all that helped...CHEERS!!!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice to hear it's working again. Honestly, you can't beat the OEM COP's. Just seems like the other brands get bought and a month later on ebay or in the market place for sale. I bought some for my 05 Mustang GT from granatelli and honestly...3 crapped out within a week. I went back to the stockers and worked great till i sold the car. When it comes to electrical, i'm all about OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread