need clutch advise

sseater

Established Member
i have a friend with an 03 mach 1, he needs a new clutch. he doesn't want to spend over 350 uninstalled. what would you guys recommend? :shrug: I've been out of the game for a while!

Machdup1

Established Member
Just had mine done at 115k. I went oem as this is my daily driver. Replaced the rear main seal, clutch, throwout bearing and resurface flywheel. I think i forked over $1,300.

2k3Mach

Established Member
I went from spec stage 2+ to centerforce dual friction and like ut alot better. Lighter pedal than both stock and spec but grabs better than stock did.

$320 or so at summit as they price matched a price I found on the net.

Oh, and you'll be installing it yourself... everyone wants $300 just to r&r trans

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
wow, 1300 bucks. You have no idea what that will buy in alabama. Lets just say, it is probably illegal in your state.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
McLoed.

OEM Throwout Bearing (or FRPP, but no aftermarket they never last).

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
Steer clear of spec. We've had at least 5 locally that have welded themselves to flywheels. I would go with Ford Racing. A local buddy has a kb'd mach and prefers his ford racing clutch over the spec 2 he had and says it holds better also.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I went with fidanza 2.1 on my first in my mach. The throwout bearing exploded so I went with another fidanza then I had another tb start chirping then separated taking out my clutch so the last one was a ram hd that I got from american muscle for super cheap using the svtp premium member discount. It was under 280 dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread