Need chip or plugs with 3.4 or 3.2 pully??

1/2 bent

Established Member
I'm new to this supercharger thing. Do i need a chip if i were to get a 3.4 or 3.2 pully for my car? What about the plugs will the stock plugs be ok? I'll eventually get a Diablo chip but intill then would the car be ok even in hot weather? My computer code is YDH1.Thanks KevinJKD for telling me which one. BTW also new here. Lots of good info on here.

Bryan

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Hey Bryan...welcome to the board.

It is always recommended that you have your car dyno'd after each pulley modification to be sure you are safe...but...my experience with both the 3.4 & 3.2 pulley is that no chip was necessary with either application. Of course a custom tune / chip would provide maximum performance...but the A/F "should" remain within safe parameters.

But again...dyno it to be sure...it is well worth the peace of mind.

Good Luck!:beer:

KeefCobra

Established Member
Probably not

But if you want to maximize the changes to the cars tune a chip would be beneficial. I would suggest a 3.1 pulley as you will not get belt slip and for sure a chip, exhaust (do this mod last) and cold air.
KeefCobra
3.1 pulley (won't overspin the charger at redline)
diablo chip (11.9/1 AF ratio)
KN aircharger
SteedaCatted X and Catback
449.4RWHP 445.9RWTQ

1/2 bent

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I'll order the 3.2 then have it checked out to see if i need the chip. As for the exhaust ive added Delta flows mufflers already. Not the full cat back. Next for that is an o/r X and of course the K&N filter is there now but i don't count that as a mod. Thanks again just wanted to know if i was going to hurt anything as i'll be driving the car about a week with new pully before i get it to the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread