Need catalytic converter for inspection

stu12

Established Member
So I need to get a catalytic converters so I can pass inspection (VA). I have a bassani x pipe. Is there a bolt on catalytic converter? Do I need to buy a new x pipe? I'm not sure how this all works. Drop some knowledge on me.

Cheers.

chucknorris.jpg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the same headers and X-pipe, there should be a clamp on each end of a straight pipe section. This is where my cats clamp in, I have the straight pipe sitting on my shelf. As long as you have those clamped sections you can get some cats swapped in and out easily.

stu12

Established Member

Thanks for the link.

I have the same headers and X-pipe, there should be a clamp on each end of a straight pipe section. This is where my cats clamp in, I have the straight pipe sitting on my shelf. As long as you have those clamped sections you can get some cats swapped in and out easily.

Awesome thanks for the help! Would any kind of catalytic converter do? Wouldn't have to be anything high flow or special, just something to pass inspection.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
For VA it is a visual only as long as your emissions control is not throwing any codes or in a "ready" status. Most times if you show ready the inspectors wont even look, as long as the cats have a proper slip-fit and dont leak any type will do. Have you tried getting a pair from Bassani???

Users who are viewing this thread