Need Car Lot Reference From Some Houston Owners

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I've located what seems to be a good '98 GT-Vert at "Performance Mustang," in Houston. It's located just North of the downtown area alongside I-45, about 2 miles or so North of I-10.

Does anyone know how far I can trust these people? I talked to the owner, and they deal with a lot of Mustangs. It's a long drive from San Antonio, so if anyone can help me out, an old '95 Cobra owner would really be grateful (like, "lunch on me"). :dancenana:

Dano :beer:

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
I would have no problem checking it out for you. I can log it for you and send a spread sheet. I know they have had a lot of badass looking Mustangs in the past.

Toasty

Established Member
I've located what seems to be a good '98 GT-Vert at "Performance Mustang," in Houston. It's located just North of the downtown area alongside I-45, about 2 miles or so North of I-10.

Does anyone know how far I can trust these people? I talked to the owner, and they deal with a lot of Mustangs. It's a long drive from San Antonio, so if anyone can help me out, an old '95 Cobra owner would really be grateful (like, "lunch on me"). :dancenana:

Dano :beer:

A GT Dano? Say it aint so...

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Well, what can I say. The situation may not be permanent (forever), but I have a 6500 check that;s burning a hole in my pocket.:shrug:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I stopped by there quite a few times when I lived in Houston. They seemed like pretty decent people to me and looked to do good work on the cars they had there.

http://www.performancemustangs.com/

Is it the red on tan vert you're looking at? Looks like a nice car. No Cobra though this go around, Dano?

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
DANGER Will Robinson, DANGER!!!! Stay away, stay far far away! Doom and gloom awaits!! From what I understand, you don't want to trust those folks as far as you could throw Rosie 'O Donnell. Also, they sold a friend of mine a mustang that the subframe was inches away from falling apart on a "Blue" title..

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
I talked to them before I bought my 98 cobra locally in Beaumont and I had a bad feeling about them....then about a week after I bought mine, while talking to firends, I heard plenty of horror stories....but it was all 'Yea my friend got one and got screwed' but no one had actually dealt with them so I hate to say they are crooked....I'd take up TX_Diablous's offer of checking them and the car out....he may get a good read on them....

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
never heard of them so i would not trust them, i know of all the good places for mustangs and that is prolly not one

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
man I can't type the word friends for nothing...I type firends every time....sounds like I sent them to a bad Mexican food restaurant or something.....

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Thanks to everyone for their input. Michael is going to go by and look at it. The owner told me he'd been there for a long time - they do a lot of custom work and repairs, also.

Thanks. :dancenana:

BTW, yes, it's the red vert with saddle interior.

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
197 miles away not too far
Nice!!! 1995 Mustang SVT COBRA
I'll bet he will take less than 6700
Not sure if this is still there but worth a call
98 Mustang Cobra
Don't get a gt Dano you deserve more than that.
Good luck craigslist is a decent place to look not everyone is a scammer hell I saw more scamming on autotrader when I was looking. Good luck

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I sent an E-Mail to the '95. Is he in Colorado or Texas?

Yes .. I use Craigslist a lot. I drove 50 miles today to look at a '01 GT vert, and it was pretty much "a mess." Had Mexico plates on it - the owner said the plates were off his truck, cause the "cardboard" plate from the dealer had expired.

Last edited:

uofipilot

Established Member
Dano, take a look in the FS section here. I imagine you probably already have, but I'd like to think that most of the sellers on here are fairly decent. A sn cobra shouldn't be all that much more than 7500.

On second though, the CEL went on in my cobra when I was driving it home after buying it from a member from the market on this site.....lol.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I'll post it up, after I find something.

Yes, I looked through about 20 pages in the FS Section. Most all of the prices were too high for me. I'm sure they were great Cobras, but just out of my range ... that's why I was looking at some GTs.:rolling:

I'm already looking for some place to park it. We have an 08 Taurus,, and a pool table in our garage. There are three vacant (for sale) houses on my street, and a elderly widow across the street, that have empty garages. I'm offering them a little money to let me park the new car in their garage. One of the houses is next door to mine (housing sale slump).:dancenana:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I hope something happens this week ... I was looking at this last week, and my wife went nuts! I'm buying a vehicle so I can get out and look for a job, but I don't know for sure that I want to be sitting out in the weather. I'd have to buy a lot of crap - all I have at this point is a license! I've had four other bikes, since '64, but my last one was way back in '73. I don't know if this 66 year old body could stand the wear and tear, and possible spills ... :banana:

triumph.jpg

'08 Triumph Bonneville - 300 miles

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Thanks, Anthony, but Tx_Diablous (Michael) is going by there this afternoon, and read the codes on it, and check it over.

I appreciate the offer.:rockon::beer::rockon:

jakesspv6

Established Member
197 miles away not too far
Nice!!! 1995 Mustang SVT COBRA
I'll bet he will take less than 6700
Not sure if this is still there but worth a call
98 Mustang Cobra
Don't get a gt Dano you deserve more than that.
Good luck craigslist is a decent place to look not everyone is a scammer hell I saw more scamming on autotrader when I was looking. Good luck

that 98 belongs to someone else already... me :beer:

but the 95 looks sick.

Users who are viewing this thread