Need Alternator

JohnsMyName

Established Member
I need to replace my alternator, and my question is - do I want to spend the money on the direct Ford replacement or can I just buy some autozone peice and slap it in. I have no need for something fancy (only bolt-ons and stock pullies) I just don't want any issues down the road.

jzepp

Established Member
oh man!! I can tell you that i wouldn't buy an alternator from a parts store. Just my experience but other people might have different experiences. I went through 3 reman. alternators that i bought from Advanced Auto when i owned my IROC-Z. I would rather spend the money and buy a Ford Replacement.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Just replaced mine. Got it at cost through a friend in the parts department of the local Blue Oval stealership.
Would you believe it's remanufactured!?

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Why not spend a couple extra dollars and get a shiny new powdercoated PA Performance 140 amp jobber???

Spinnin.jpg

Back.jpg

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
It's just a really nice brand new alternator, I think they also say they give more amperage at idle so your lights won't dim anymore, but to be honest I bought it just because it looks sick and I've had bad luck with rebuilt alternators. I think it was around $240 but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Ciotti said:
It's just a really nice brand new alternator, I think they also say they give more amperage at idle so your lights won't dim anymore, but to be honest I bought it just because it looks sick and I've had bad luck with rebuilt alternators. I think it was around $240 but don't quote me on that.

+1 On that....don'g buy REMAN, either get one from a good reputable after market company or just straight from ford. (Ford's are rebuilt?, let them install it and get warranty for life:rockon: )

jzepp

Established Member
I thought the ford dealership sold brand new alternators? If i am spending all that money i don't want a reman.

chrispy98cobra

Looking for a job
Established Member
i want to get a bigger one, at night with my lights and fog lights on with the radio and the a/c or even just the vent my lights tend to dim more than i would think is normal

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
jzepp said:
I thought the ford dealership sold brand new alternators? If i am spending all that money i don't want a reman.

They sell both. Or at least I know they used to.

But if nothing uses the part anymore then they will drop it and only sell reman'd.

chrispy98cobra

Looking for a job
Established Member
$199.95 from jegs :banana:

chrispy98cobra

Looking for a job
Established Member
chrispy what color is your car? go to prov often? thats where I live.
my car is laser red....i usually never go to prov, but im in EP alot cause thats where i grew up and where my parents live....you should go down to the Oakland Beach cruise night on Tuesday nights, im always there, and plus there is always around 300 or more cars there, its pretty sick

Users who are viewing this thread