????need Advise On Wrecked Cobra????

marksar

Established Member
Hey guys I found a '96 vert that was hit very hard in the front at a swap meet today and the asking price is 2K. The car itself is not fixable but what I am interested in is the motor and tranny. From what I could see niether the motor or tranny had been affected from the wreck but wanted to know if there was anything I should look at carefully or consider before I seriously consider buying this car? Is there any way the motor/tranny could have been hurt in the wreck internally? Thanks guys :shrug:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
run away from that car. Even if the motor appears to be fine you never know what got ****ed up inside were you cant see anything without taking it appart. Don't risk it. Why do you want a extra b headed mod motor btw?

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
yeah i wouldnt buy it either...if your gona spend that much for a motor ..u could build one for a grand or two more...anyways ot sayin 60k is a lot but its not new and thats 2grand..

DTB

Established Member
uhhhh iono. are you lookin at this motor because you want a second one or u need one? if its because u need one then maybe. if the front radiator support hasnt touched any of the accessories on the motor and the k member isnt bent up at all the motor should be fine. plus if your buyin the whole car and u sell the rear end, the 5 lug stuff, some interior items, rear bumper, and ur old block you will probably break even if not profit some.

but if your simply lookin for an extra motor u might as well build the one you have for a little more like the other guy said

riddles96cobra

Established Member
Can u start the car ? I wouldn't buy it if i couldn't start it and hear it run , and if u can I would still bring a jack and inspect the bottom of the car as much as u could ,

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
i guess you could part it out..and make money..well maybe at least break even..on some stuff that is still good...its up to you but that would be a major headache and from what your sayin its not in good shape...

Users who are viewing this thread