Need Advise guys

Samsred04gt

Not Banned
Established Member
So my dream car is a black 03-04 cobra and really want to buy one but the wife wont let me get a stang unless it has an automatic. I wouldnt even listen to her but she is going to give me some money for it. So should I just buy a cobra and put an auto in it or get a auto Mach or GT. What would a auto swap cost in a cobra anyways.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Dude......that's the worst thing I've heard on this board in recent memory. Teach your wife how to drive the stick shift already & you can both love up on the terminator!

Samsred04gt

Not Banned
Established Member
Dude......that's the worst thing I've heard on this board in recent memory. Teach your wife how to drive the stick shift already & you can both love up on the terminator!

I know man she wont give in though she said that she doesnt want a car that she cant drive and doesnt want to learn how. I might just save for acouple more years and just buy it myself

paxton5.0

Established Member
I think that I would grab my sack and man up. Tell her to quit being difficult and teach her how to drive stick.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I know man she wont give in though she said that she doesnt want a car that she cant drive and doesnt want to learn how. I might just save for acouple more years and just buy it myself

Or you could grow a pair and tell her to learn how learn how to drive a damn stick shift. Get the terminator & sleep in the garage till she gives in.....seriously, it's not that bad. Where do we keep beer fridges? In the garage. Where do we keep terminators? In the garage. No worries:beer:

Samsred04gt

Not Banned
Established Member
No we both have other cars but she loved my red 04gt but I hated it cause it was an auto so I got rid of it for a truck. That is part of the problem I gave in once before, but when she met me my daily driver was an 93 mustang stick. She never wanted to learn.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Unless you plan to seriously mod the Cobra, you will not enjoy the auto. Plain and simple. Since she is paying for part of it, the only thing you can do is just save your own cash and buy a 6-speed. I would personally just tell her that you WILL be getting a stick, so she either has to learn how to drive it, or she won't get to drive it. If she says no to that, get a divorce.

Samsred04gt

Not Banned
Established Member
You should just buy a built auto from Lentech and call it a day. Teach her how to use the trans brake.

that is kinda what I was thinking what do u think it would cost. There is a black cobra rite down the road from me wit like 3000 original miles at a Lamborgini Dealer ship I am thinking about looking at.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Yea its pretty easy to learn to use the manual shifter, the auto isnt going to be effective except for a serious/semi serious drag car.
I would love an auto in mine. I am over shifting gears, its not 1937 anymore and automatics are not the power hogs they once were.

I think you could do a pretty turn key set up with a badass automatic for about $3500.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Here's a good argument:

If she loved you she would let you have the 6-speed.

Obviously that can be turned around very easily, so you better buy a puppy for her or something to get that 6-speed.

Samsred04gt

Not Banned
Established Member
Yea its pretty easy to learn to use the manual shifter, the auto isnt going to be effective except for a serious/semi serious drag car.
I would love an auto in mine. I am over shifting gears, its not 1937 anymore and automatics are not the power hogs they once were.

I think you could do a pretty turn key set up with a badass automatic for about $3500.

I had Darrin from BC Automative do some work on my 04 gt and he is one of the best auto guys around I think ill give him a call and see what he would charge.

Users who are viewing this thread