need advise for a good person to tune my car on nitrous.

1984gt350

Established Member
I am looking for opinons on who some of you may use for higher hp application for nitrous coyotes.
5c stall, off road x pipe, airraid cold air intake, 47lb injectors, bap, e85, and a direct port set up on a stock manifold. Id like to spray atleast 200 but was hoping to find someone who was well educated with nitrous to tune the car. Im willing to travel a good distance to have the car tuned.

1984gt350

Established Member
No real goal, its a street car not really sure what it would run at a track. Id be happy with low 10s if i make it to a track this year.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
I would stick to 150 if you are worried about hurting anything. There is people that have sprayed 200 on a stock bottom end, however, I don't know what kind of longevity they had. A direct port would be the best option as I'm sure you know for spraying larger amounts of nitrous, because it gives you the best distribution and also the ability to tune each cylinder individually. As far as tuning goes I have used BBR, and JPC, they are both on the east coast though. I am sure you could also get an email tune, with "Wet" nitrous, the main thing is pulling timing out in the tune, fairly simple. If I can answer anymore questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Garrett

1984gt350

Established Member
Garrett ill send you a email i need a few things for my nitrous set up and have a few questions also.

1984gt350

Established Member
Id like to eventually hit the 9s with it but that will probably come after a built motor. I know bama went 9s in the 2015 mustang on like a 150 shot. Whats so different on the 2015 than the 13/14 coyote?

4VFTW

Established Member
Id like to eventually hit the 9s with it but that will probably come after a built motor. I know bama went 9s in the 2015 mustang on like a 150 shot. Whats so different on the 2015 than the 13/14 coyote?

I wouldnt compare "shop car" results to what you can expect from an average joe.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
A 200hp shot through a single fogger is a little risky. With that you really can't be sure if the fuel / nitrous is dispersing equally between all the cylinders.

I'd also recommend switching over to a direct port nitrous system where you can be certain each cylinder is getting equal flow.

Also one thing to note, to do it properly with a nitrous shot that big you really need to be pulling plugs each pass and inspecting them.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
i have see some BIG numbers in the last few weeks by JMS tuned with their nitrous kit .may want to check for a dyno tune as well.

1984gt350

Established Member
Id like to have it dyno tuned rather than email tune. Just looking for options on someone to use within 500 or so miles of kansas city missouri.

Users who are viewing this thread