Need advice?

LSKILLA

Established Member
Have $ for a Beefcake Special. Already run mid 10's with a 150 shot NX plate. Is it worth spending 6k for maybe a .5 increase? Or should I do heads and cams
and keep the NOS? Please chim in!

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
My opinion which means nothing is build it n/a everyone jumps to the FI option so doing a heads/cam/ cj intake + no2 would be different and run low 10s

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
A good thing about a blower. Its there all the time. No need to refill or worry about running out.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
nitrous is awesome but i always found my self with a half empty bottle every time i really needed it on my mach1. it was frustrating. the refills are a pita unless you have a couple of bottles and you can just wait longer between refills. i actually like it quite alot though but a blower is just more fun. the noise and really the power is always there and its awesome in cold weather. no need to worry about bottle pressure and things like that is really great.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Don't get me wrong…I love the results guys are getting with blowers, and I wish I had the coin to do one, but having a blown Coyote is becoming as common as an 03-04 Cobra with a pulley anymore…..Be different and go heads and cam….If the motor comes out for any reason, drop in a Boss rotating assembly for good measure.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Don't get me wrong…I love the results guys are getting with blowers, and I wish I had the coin to do one, but having a blown Coyote is becoming as common as an 03-04 Cobra with a pulley anymore…..Be different and go heads and cam….If the motor comes out for any reason, drop in a Boss rotating assembly for good measure.

i dont think it is as common as it seems in the forums. here you have a high concentration of enthusiast and ofcourse alot of those crazy guys put blowers. but i doubt it is more than 1% of all the coyotes on the road.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
i dont think it is as common as it seems in the forums. here you have a high concentration of enthusiast and ofcourse alot of those crazy guys put blowers. but i doubt it is more than 1% of all the coyotes on the road.

Good point, and I'm sure you are right….Don't get me wrong, I love the blower set-ups offered for these cars, and those of you that have them I am definitely jealous :D
I would just like to see more guys build N/A set-up's because they seem to be uncommon with this platform. All you really read about on here is SC, Turbo, and Nitrous Coyotes. I believe the Cobra Jet intake, cold air, and TB combos you are starting to see will open up more N/A builds…especially when combined with massaged heads, a set of Comp Stage 3's, injectors, and E85 for example.
Of course, your average N/A set-up won't hold a candle to a blown or turbo set-up…..BUT….add forged internals and a big shot of laughing gas to the mix, and you have a pretty nasty discussion to say the least. :beer:

BTW….thank you for this. It made me hate my car lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnMfhItyJu4

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Good point, and I'm sure you are right….Don't get me wrong, I love the blower set-ups offered for these cars, and those of you that have them I am definitely jealous :D
I would just like to see more guys build N/A set-up's because they seem to be uncommon with this platform. All you really read about on here is SC, Turbo, and Nitrous Coyotes. I believe the Cobra Jet intake, cold air, and TB combos you are starting to see will open up more N/A builds…especially when combined with massaged heads, a set of Comp Stage 3's, injectors, and E85 for example.
Of course, your average N/A set-up won't hold a candle to a blown or turbo set-up…..BUT….add forged internals and a big shot of laughing gas to the mix, and you have a pretty nasty discussion to say the least. :beer:

BTW….thank you for this. It made me hate my car lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnMfhItyJu4

hehe no problem :beer:

n/a builds are awesome but they have one small issue. unless you are doing a purpose track car or are trying to race a specific class it is very difficult to go n/a. the issue is simply money. a good n/a build will cost the same as a blown build and make less power. for the average mustang owner horsepower is pretty much the deciding factor in modding. best bang for the buck is what makes most people decide on a setup. ofcourse there are a few that dont care about money or power and want something different but that is a small segment of the average forum racer.

LSKILLA

Established Member
So looks like a 50/50 split. I've had blowers and I have had quick NA cars. I love the blowers. I'm leaning towards the Paxton with Torque Booster kit.

Grabber2012

Established Member
Good thread. I feel your pain and haven't begun to do mods yet the blower cars are sick no doubt and I've always wanted one but the bottle was too much fun on the street. I honestly don't ever see myself wanting to fork out 5-6k on 1 mod like that, I'd rather have a forged shortblock and cams instead and spray the piss out of it, and yes more NA builds with these cars would be nice makes me lean that way more and more all the time plus you can always throw a small shot on after the cams and other boltons if your not satisfied I mean realistically with cams and all boltons you should have a low 11s car easily how much more do you need out of a DD? (well mine is anyways)

Users who are viewing this thread