Need advice

Panic661

Established Member
Last night, someone broke into my truck.. they took some things that were in the center console, nothing of major value that I can remember..but I do remember having some mail in there..

I'm not sure if the mail had anything important on it, like my social security number etc, but I really don't remember.

Who do I contact aside from the police? I mean, I called my bank already, but what if these people did get my SS? Who do I contact and what happens from there?

Also, what are decent car alarms? The audio shops around here try to sell these Viper alarm systems quite a bit, but I don't know anything about them..

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You don't see much mail that will have your SS number on it so I wouldn't worry about it too much. They might get a hold of credit card info from statements, or banking info if there were statements in the mail.

It's hard to say without knowing what was taken, if your worry I would get one of those identity theft services, like lifelock.

I know nothing about car alarms, never had a need for one. My advice would be to move somewhere where it is unlikely your car will get broken into.

Users who are viewing this thread