Need advice!

ratfinkron

Established Member
I just put new 03 Cobra front control arms and Tokico struts and shocks and UPR 4bolt CC plates on my 96 Cobra then had the car aligned. My question is that the car now sits higher than before and I want to know if I should wait a few hundred miles to settle or if I need to hack some more out of the springs to drop it back down. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

90FoX

Established Member
I haven't seen 03 cobra control arms before, are they identical to your control arms, save for maybe stiffer/different bushings? If they are not then maybe that is why it sits high :shrug:

Not sure on UPR products, but some cc plates come with spacers you place under the shock tower. Who installed them? Are you sure they did it correctly?

Last edited:

ratfinkron

Established Member
Yea, I installed them and put the spacers under the CC plates per the instructions and the 03-04 Cobra control arms looked to be exactly the same. I will keep driving it for a few hundred miles and then make a decision. Maybe I will trash the BBK springs and get some H&R super sports.

VMC

Established Member
I've heard of instances when the termi control arms changed the ride height on sn95s. Something to do with the relocation of the spindle forward/reward, or something like that. The springs will settle some over time. You could install a set of Steeda X2 balljoints without the spacer and drop about 1/2".

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Did you tighten the control arm bolts when the front suspension were compressed (front wheels on ramps instead of the frame on jack stands)?

ratfinkron

Established Member
The way it was set up if you add more spacers it would raise it but I only put the one stepped spacer that was supplied.

GForceJunkie

Established Member
The spacers on the strut will not do anything to the ride height, they are to help match the range of motion on the strut to the ride height.
Did you make sure the springs were positioned correctly in the A-arm pockets?

Last edited:

ratfinkron

Established Member
Yes sir, not to be an ass but this aint my first rodeo lol. I am going to just give it a few more miles and then cut if it does not drop. I guess my main ? was if the Tokico blue struts are what's holding it up higher, if anyone had this happen to them or heard of it.

crazycarlo

Established Member
No I tightened them with no load on the suspension, tried to put them back where they were when removed.

Your suppose to tighten them with the load on the car... That might have something to do with it, it might now. IM betting its just that they need to settle back down. Mine raised up a bit also man.

ratfinkron

Established Member
I will put it up on ramps and loosen then retighten them back up to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread