Need advice

USMC0341

Established Member
I thought I would post it here for the Socal people

Well I have a problem, my clutch takes a lot of effort to push. I had a left leg injury and with the hard clutch, it makes driving the cobra a miserable experience. The clutch engages about a inch off the floor which adds to my problem. I have tried adjusting the clutch and I have to sit as close as possible to have good leverage.

I drove my friends 03 z06 vette and I almost pushed the clutch pedal thru the floor, It was that light! Is there anything I can do? a replacement clutch? I've had this car six months and I put just 3000 miles on it because I hate driving it in traffic.

Don't get me wrong, I love this car, its my dream car! I dont want a auto trans. But I want to get the most enjoyment I can out of it. Well thanks for letting rant. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me

Thanks

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
There is a revised clutch from Ford for the vehicle, I understand that it is much easier on pdeal pressure. I have the spec, easy pedal pressure compared to stock, but I won't recommend this clutch to anybody. Check in the Terminator forum for recommendations, a lot of us have been forced to replace the clutch.

Also, replace the quadrant and add a cable adjuster now! It will save you a bunch of trouble

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
:eek: Damn....sorry to hear that George.

:??: John.........I dont understand? Why wont u recomend the SpecII? Its holding the power just fine for me :shrug: Even when i hit the Juice @ 2500rpm & having 550rwtq.....it holds up just fine. No real issues for me to regret getting it & best thing of all is it feels really light.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i second the new clutch quad and firewall adjuster. that can put the engagement point quite a bit higher. that may be all you need. if that doesn't work you can try to see if ford will install the revised design clutch in for free.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
The Spec is noisy as all hell, and does not appear to fit well to the input shaft. I'm not happy.

If I had it to do again, I'd install the stock clutch. It seems to hold James, Juan and Pat well enough. My problems all stemmed from the adjuster and quadrant

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
The Spec is noisy as all hell, and does not appear to fit well to the input shaft. I'm not happy.

If I had it to do again, I'd install the stock clutch. It seems to hold James, Juan and Pat well enough. My problems all stemmed from the adjuster and quadrant

:eek: Damn 1st time ive heard u complain about it.

:shrug: Mines sitting just fine & grabbing just fine. Noise...well the squeal is pretty much gone but the chatters never gotten louder.

Sorry to hear ur problems John....i have my stock clutch still if u want it. It has alot of life in it.

Users who are viewing this thread