need advice

silver2001cobra

Established Member
ok i have $3500 to spend on the car.i`m torn between the fr500 intake or a use procharger (around 6lbs of boost).my compression is ,i think,10.5 to 1 or10.8 to 1.so which way should i go?

oh yeah i have fr500 head and cams and supporting mods.

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
With that high of compression I would probably look to stay N/A and go with the fr500 intake.

What type of rods and pistion do you have?

silver2001cobra

Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
a domed piston? I hope not. B/c if you built your motor like that w/ high compression your "stuck" and no blower. Spray it.
no flattop piston,so can i have blower with flattops

Last edited:

silver2001cobra

Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
I think you will be fine. W/ a competent tuner yes. Totally flat-top piston or do they have a lil dish?
total flattop,but with my fr500 heads the compression is a little more ,than with stock heads,is that right?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I think you would be fine with a blower, but it will end up costing you more than $3500 to do the full blown setup properly.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
the amount of boost is limited by octane. With 10.8/1 compression, Id say you'd get maybe 16 or so psi out of it before you'd have to start pulling some significant timing. Thats intercooled of course.

Best setup would probably be a D1, T trim or Novi 2000, but they are all fairly pricey, and you're gonna need a lot of fuel mods.

silver2001cobra

Established Member
quadcammer said:
the amount of boost is limited by octane. With 10.8/1 compression, Id say you'd get maybe 16 or so psi out of it before you'd have to start pulling some significant timing. Thats intercooled of course.

Best setup would probably be a D1, T trim or Novi 2000, but they are all fairly pricey, and you're gonna need a lot of fuel mods.
fuel mods like what?i have upgraded my fuel pump and i have 39lb injectors on the car already.
also this is a weekend street car.

Users who are viewing this thread