Need Advice

QU!CK

Bite The Bullitt...
Established Member
On the road again...just can't wait to get on the
I've been in the market for a 99+ Cobra for a while now but haven't been able to come up with a good buy yet. The problem is, my current beater car is about to die and I would prefer to buy from a Cobra from a dealership for warantee reasons since it would be my new daily driver.
I have a full-time job and I'm paying my way through school along with all of my other living expenses, however I may be moving soon so my daily commute would be MUCH less. I found an 03 GT for 17k otd with a really nice coverage package but I'd still prefer to have the cobra. I'm debating getting the 2v GT and just putting the cobra "dream" on hold for a while or just sucking it up and fixing the beater until I can really get what I want. Trying to figure this out is really giving me a headache so any comments are welcome... :bash:

-J

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I bought a 99 Cobra from a private seller and bought a warranty from my bank. I bought a 3/36K for like 1400 with tax. They just added that to the loan.

I'm sure you can find something nice for that price range.

If you are dead set on getting a warranty then make sure they'll cover the cobra cuz some companies won't.

Matt

roadwarrior60

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
I bought a 99 Cobra from a private seller and bought a warranty from my bank. I bought a 3/36K for like 1400 with tax. They just added that to the loan.

I'm sure you can find something nice for that price range.

If you are dead set on getting a warranty then make sure they'll cover the cobra cuz some companies won't.

Matt
what bank do you use?? cause i just got a letter that said my warranty had expired and i have recently aquired the "ticking" head problem :( so 1400 for a warranty that covers future problems sounds better than 4 grand for just a new motor.

ian022

Established Member
don't get the 03 gt for 17; that's a rape job, even for southern cali.......you can buy an 01 cobra for that money. i agree with the above statements, don't get the warranty from the dealer; you probably pay too much from them. I bought warranty's for two vehicles from a dealer myself but looking back I should've bought them from a bank.
Ian

ian022

Established Member
just to add to my last statement, in very early '04 I saw an 03 gt fully loaded at a dealer for 19 grand, that was without any haggling. and that was over a year ago. I know the value of that car has gone down alot more than that.
Ian

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
yea, you can get a cobra dirt cheap. the resale value of them is coming down nicely.

remember haste makes waste, and if you buy a 2V now, youll spend the whole time wishing you hadnt if you truly want a cobra.

-Homer

QU!CK

Bite The Bullitt...
Established Member
On the road again...just can't wait to get on the
Thanks for all the comments guys, and I think I will hold off a bit longer (this waiting is driving me up the wall)...and to the guy that said to drive them both, I have. I was dissapointed the instant I hit the loud pedal in the GT, it just didn't sound or feel the same....ah well, patience is a virtue. Thanks for your imput everyone.

-J

Users who are viewing this thread