Need advice

pbsis

Established Member
Hey all,
Just joined your great forums and hope to vist here many times.
I dont have a Cobra but am in the market to get one sometime in the future. I will more than likely use this car only for a weekend cruiser and such :p

Anyway I would like to make some nice power with the lowest amount of money(just like everbody else). I would like the car to run somewhere in the 11's, maybe low 11's. I need help on which year cobra to buy; would an 03 work just as good as an 04 or not? Also what mods do you all suggest to get me to this goal. I read about the predator tune and that seems like something I will definatly do, but what else??

Thanks guys
Paul

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
03 and 04 will work just the same. As far as mods, that all depends on how much you want to spend, if you throw up a number, we can feed you the mods you can get for that price

Rick

RiffRaff04

Established Member
RickSvt said:
03 and 04 will work just the same. As far as mods, that all depends on how much you want to spend, if you throw up a number, we can feed you the mods you can get for that price

Rick
ditto

pbsis

Established Member
Ok cool guys. As for how much to spend I want to be in the mid to low 11's. So what ever that takes...

Thanks,
o and also I dont have any emmision laws to abide by if that helps

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Let us know the little things, If you plan on running slicks, Dr's, street tires, there are a million ways besides just Hp to get you where you want to be.

pbsis

Established Member
o ok sorry I am really excited this is a new world for me

I would like to stay on regular tires for the road and would prob only go to the track a few times a year so I could swap if needed.
This will just be a cruising car so it wont be driven in the rain or anything like that.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
You are wanting low 11's.....so you would need some Drag Radials, Ported Steig blower w/2.76-2.93 pulley, Ported TB/inlet or accufab, Tune, Exhaust, intake, Boostapump, SCT Maf to be safe. That should get you where you want it.

pbsis

Established Member
Thanks for the info,
I have been reading around and found the KB supercharger. I read about it on the site and it seems pretty neat. So if I got this instead of porting the stock blower how much would my times inprove? Also does it come with its own form of pretuned device? This may be totally off base but I want to avoid the dyno if possible.
Thanks guys !!

gregs 03 cobra

Established Member
After doing the normal mods which would include a CAI, Tb either Accufab or ported stock, ported s/c and a smaller pulley, cat back and x/h pipie you have to get the car tuned. You can take your chances on a mail order tune but the absolute safest way to ensure the a/f is safe is on a dyno. None of the parts you have described or are inquiring about comes pretuned. You have to pay to play unless you want to have 1 short and glorious ride and then off to the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread