Need Advice-tires and lug nuts

sonicblustreak

Established Member
I have bought a really nice set of '99 Lightning wheels to put on my 2000 F150. I can get Hankook tires for $790, Toyo Proxies for $930, or Nitto 555's for $930. This is for four 295/45/18's. For just a daily driver, which do you think is the best deal? Also, will my lug nuts fit the Lightning wheels? I have the optional 17" wheels currently. Thanks for any help.

Jroc

Established Member
I have bought a really nice set of '99 Lightning wheels to put on my 2000 F150. I can get Hankook tires for $790, Toyo Proxies for $930, or Nitto 555's for $930. This is for four 295/45/18's. For just a daily driver, which do you think is the best deal? Also, will my lug nuts fit the Lightning wheels? I have the optional 17" wheels currently. Thanks for any help.

FYI trucks built before 8/2/99 use 12mm lugs, and trucks built after 8/2/99 use 14mm lugs. Your wheels may not fit without drilling then open some.

Never ran Hankooks. They should give you the most life, but least performance. I've ran the Proxes STII's and I personally thought they were great all around tires. The GC SRT8 guys love them. I've not had 555's on my L, but I always thought they were a good tire on a Mustang. I'm thinking about trying the 555's here shortly as my NT05's are about worn out, and I want to see how I like the 555's, but I would run the Toyo's again in a heart beat. They are a bitch to plug though. By far the hardest tire I've ever tried to push a plug threw.

oneofeach

Established Member
I've had the Hankooks on my truck since 2009. They look good but are much harder than the Goodyears the truck came with, at times making the ride rough. On my next set, I will consider Toyo Proxies or Nitto 555's.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I have Nitto 555's on my L and they work pretty good all around. I've used Nitto tires since 1999 and can't really beat them.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
No need to drill them out. Any year wheel will fit any year Lightning. The gen.1 guy's drill them to fit there bolt pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread