need advice on were to buy a jt-trim?

anex01

Established Member
well the plan for my winter project is to up grade my sq s trim on my 01 cobra to a jt-trim.I'm just not sure of the best place to get one from price wise that is.also will i have to upgrade my bypass valve?does anyone know what power is expected im trying to reach 650 rwhp is that possible with a fully built bottom end with low cr,stock heads and cam?any info on the best way to reach this goal would be most helpful. :bowdown:

Last edited:

BLWN32V

Established Member
well the plan for my winter project is to up grade my sq s trim on my 01 cobra to a jt-trim.I'm just not sure of the best place to get one from price wise that is.also will i have to upgrade my bypass valve?does anyone know what power is expected im trying to reach 650 rwhp is that possible with a fully built bottom end with low cr,stock heads and cam?any info on the best way to reach this goal would be most helpful. :bowdown:

you could get 650rwhp with a T trim....my 2 valve motor made 680rwhp on 104 octane and around 650 on pump gas 20 psi.

How low is your compression? You will want to buy either a 10% or 15% overdrive crank pulley from innovator's West if you haven't already. You will need at least 60# injectors and some nice fuel pumps i.e. ford gt pumps. Do you have an 8 rib pulley setup? You will need that in order to reduce the massive amount of belt slip that will probably occur with boost over 15psi. It is highly recommended that you get an upgraded bypass valve. I used the vortech mini-race and it worked with 20 pounds of boost from my JT trim and my T trim.

Last edited:

anex01

Established Member
my cr ratio is 8:5:1 with manly pistons.my crank pulley is the one the came in the 8 rib kit from gi -joe with a 2.65 rr pulley, and the fuel pumps are the one that came with the vortech kit,60#injectors also w/a kb boost a pump.what hp range with the jt will i be in?

BLWN32V

Established Member
my cr ratio is 8:5:1 with manly pistons.my crank pulley is the one the came in the 8 rib kit from gi -joe with a 2.65 rr pulley, and the fuel pumps are the one that came with the vortech kit,60#injectors also w/a kb boost a pump.what hp range with the jt will i be in?

If the crank pulley is the stock diameter you will probably be around 18 pounds of boost. With the JT trim you could probably get about 620 to the wheels on pump gas.

anex01

Established Member
for a street car would u recommend the 10% or 15% crank pulley?which pulley would make more boost?back to the main question were is the best place to purchase the jt-trim?

BLWN32V

Established Member
for a street car would u recommend the 10% or 15% crank pulley?which pulley would make more boost?back to the main question were is the best place to purchase the jt-trim?

10% unless you want to buy an electric water pump then get the 15%. The 15% will make more boost. My 10% overdrive made about 2 more psi I think but, the big deal about it is that it brings the boost in faster, less lag if you will.
I bought my JT trim new from a Vortech dealer. Check around for good used deals. I have seen one or two in the past few months for sale on the corral and modfords.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread