need advice on tuning after 6r80 swap

dangerzone

Established Member
I have 2012 M82 that I just converted to the 6R80. I carried over the ecu,wiring harness from the auto donor I had. My car has a roush 2.3 on it and ID injectors, full exhaust.

1. What exactly do I need to ask ford to? What do they have to do to program the auto ecu in my car? I have the vin off my old and new ecu. I also have the solenoid strategy code off my tranny. I just don't know what exactly it is I need to ask them to do lol.
2. After they reprogram or whatever they need to do so, Im kinda nervous about cranking it cause I know its gonna be all out of wack with a stock tune. Guess I need to winch it on trailer and drop of at tuner huh?
Ive been reading from other members who have made the swap about ABS lights and such staying on, getting a good strategy, Im nervous that my swap wont be as simple as old scholl stuff lol. any advice is greatly appreciated.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i don't think the manual pcm will work in an auto, an auto pcm will work in a manual, but nice vice versa, I'm like 99% on that

JTS_7

Established Member
I have 2012 M82 that I just converted to the 6R80. I carried over the ecu,wiring harness from the auto donor I had. My car has a roush 2.3 on it and ID injectors, full exhaust.

1. What exactly do I need to ask ford to? What do they have to do to program the auto ecu in my car? I have the vin off my old and new ecu. I also have the solenoid strategy code off my tranny. I just don't know what exactly it is I need to ask them to do lol.
2. After they reprogram or whatever they need to do so, Im kinda nervous about cranking it cause I know its gonna be all out of wack with a stock tune. Guess I need to winch it on trailer and drop of at tuner huh?
Ive been reading from other members who have made the swap about ABS lights and such staying on, getting a good strategy, Im nervous that my swap wont be as simple as old scholl stuff lol. any advice is greatly appreciated.

PM fabbed5.0 he will know

dangerzone

Established Member
I swapped an Auto ECU when I done the swap. Ford basically reprogrammed it to start. I took it to my tuner and it tuned out great, no problems. I still have ABS,TCS and advancetrac lights on. Tuner said to take it back to ford and they would need to make sure the new ECU and my factory ABS module are communication (paired). gonna hit the track this weekend to get some new times and take it to ford next week. Ill update after that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread