need advice on these wheels

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I'm 28 and I'll tell you straight up, those wheels are not nice man. I've owned 5 evos, sti, g35 coupe and an is350 too. The stang is my first american car and all my of cars were tastefully modded.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
I dont like the gold, but there is a bronze color that i think looks cool. Im about to get a set of these...

dsc_3264_w295_h197_cw295_ch197.jpg

....except im going to get a matte bronze lip instead of the gunmetal.

Here is the bronze color. Im not sure if its "matte bronze" though.

1.jpg

Last edited:

mjc1055

Established Member
I'm 28 and I'll tell you straight up, those wheels are not nice man.

False. The wheels are nice, you just don't think they look good on his car (which is an opinion, and that's fine - however, SSR doesn't make anything that's not "nice")

I think the blue/gold combo is more of a Subie thing in my mind, but that might just be because I've owned 3 of them. I do like the design of the wheel, but I don't think it'll work unless you go coilover-low. I'd probably pass on the gold, though. I like them in silver or graphite. I wonder if they'd look good in white, too.

mjc1055

Established Member
For reference, here's a set in black that a local guy is running on his GR STI. I'm not really sold on them being on the Mustang without seeing more pictures, but I do think they're a nice wheel.

IMG_20120818_180831.jpg

Beef Supreme

Established Member
I love them in gold with the grabber blue! Definitely will win you some extra points at a show since not a lot of other people will have that setup.

ed209

Established Member
I'm 28 and I'll tell you straight up, those wheels are not nice man. I've owned 5 evos, sti, g35 coupe and an is350 too. The stang is my first american car and all my of cars were tastefully modded.

you have 60lb+ cast wheels on your car and you tell me i have no taste?

also, again, these wheels are going to get powder coated orange.

hendo

Established Member

fwiw, the tsw nurburgrings are rotary forged and fairly light for their size.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Brightly colored, garish wheels. Let me guess, your previous car was a Subaru, right?

I was into Subarus for a while too, great cars. But the styling trends that are popular with imports should stay with imports. That just doesn't look right with American muscle. It's very "confused".

kingnut

Established Member

and you have a lowered fireblade... unless your 5' 2", this the opposite of taste.

kingnut

Established Member

i think everyone likes the gold man... i dont think anyone likes the orange.

Beef Supreme

Established Member
^Yeah, definitely not feelin the orange. Seems too teenager-ish; like some kid ran out of money, so he started spray painting parts on his car.

t-ray

Established Member
I'm 35 years old, and I actually like the idea of something as garrish as orange wheels. Do something different and make the car stand out. Why not?

I actually thought about doing something like this (I'm not, but I have thought about it):
leadrtr-x-mustang-sema.jpg

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
There is a guy on here that has a kona blue car I believe and he has bright orange wheels and a body stripe to tie them in. It looks awesome, reminded me a late 60's trans am racer. Too bad I don't remember his username.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

I like the wheel design. However, if you are going to powder coat them orange, you might as well paint polka dots on your Mustang...because it will look like a clown car.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread