Need advice on shock settings

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Car is making around 850whp and 850wtq+. Trying to get to hook from a 40 roll. Doubtful it will on nitrous but even on blower only its struggling from a 40. Vikings rear shocks and strange front struts. Best advice on getting it to hook on the street from a 40 roll?

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Car is making around 850whp and 850wtq+. Trying to get to hook from a 40 roll. Doubtful it will on nitrous but even on blower only its struggling from a 40. Vikings rear shocks and strange front struts. Best advice on getting it to hook on the street from a 40 roll?

Usually you want to start very soft on both the Vikings and the strange. At least this is what worked for me. Every car is different. Try soft and work your way up.

kdaly

Established Member

Im thinking luck and lots of it. 850whp and wtq in 2nd on an unprepped surface.... Not sure it ever will. Put some weight in the trunk. Common sense says ease into it so try that. I wouldnt hit it till third. What gear are you in? You can swap to 3.08's if your that set on it. Put rear on full soft setting if you dont already. Im guessing your on excellent tires?

Last edited:

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Im thinking luck and lots of it. 850whp and wtq in 2nd on an unprepped surface.... Not sure it ever will. Put some weight in the trunk. Common sense says ease into it so try that. I wouldnt hit it till third. What gear are you in? You can swap to 3.08's if your that set on it. But rear on full soft setting if you dont already. Im guessing your on excellent tires?

Im on Pros. And what do you mean by softest? I have double adjust vikings. C and R and no clue where the best place to start

I could hit it blower only and sprayed in 3rd but spraying in 2nd would be awesome

kdaly

Established Member
I dont own that damper and I have no experience with it so I really dont know what C and R indicate. But once you figure that out....

Softest = the setting that allows for most weight transfer and compression.

Spray in 3rd on the streets. What tires are you running and what size? I can get 650whp on 295 20's to hook in 2nd with MPSS's. Im on full soft or one turn off full soft on my CO's. I can almost get it to hook in 1st

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
850whp stick shift TVS hooking on the street??? Pahahaha!!!

Put 200lbs in the trunk & see what id does...

Users who are viewing this thread