Need advice on installing Bassani o/r x-pipe

jbindahoos

'04 Comp Orange Snake
Established Member
Hey guys n gals, I need advice on installing Bassani o/r x-pipe.
My current setup is stock other than BBK cai, and Borla stinger catback.
I bought the basani o/r x-pipe off a guy that had it on his turbo cobra and he welded the holes for the o2 sensors shut, so I know I need to have someone drill those back out. Basically just wanting to know everything I will need, like o2 sensor extensions, tune etc......

Thanks

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
id take them to a shop and just have them weld new bungs in right next to the old ones. couldnt cost more than $10-15. Drilling out weld and retapping......good luck with that.

you will likely need to disable rear o2 sensors via the tune. You can try using a "Spark plug tester" to place the rear/downstream o2 sensors farther outside the exhaust flow area, this may make it to where the ecu doesnt pull a code. Basically what needs to happen is the rear o2 needs to see a different signal than the fronts, that way it knows the cats are working, and placing the spark plug tester in between the o2 sensor and bung puts it out of the exhaust stream enough to fool the ecu in MOST cases, not all. It depends on how much of a signal differential the ecu needs to see. They sell them at autozone/kragens and are like $2 each. You may have to modify them depending on how deep the o2 sensor protrudes. You can also buy MIL Eliminators from various vendors, but they are also hit and miss. Getting them disabled in the tune is the only 100% accurate way of doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread