need advice on exhaust setup

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
i'm thinking of changing the exhaust on my 91 5.0 i was thinking of going with mac long tube headers, mac pro-chamber, with mac pro-dumps.( i like max exhaust products)

has anyone heard this set up before? which setup would you consider.

thanks in advance
steve

caseypayne69

Banned
I think Exhaust depends on, A. you want to be loud, and sound good, or B. You lookin for the best performance gain. For performance I'd stick with what you like, maybe check out Ford Racing cat back, on sn95 models its lighter then the after market with even better hp gains. For street sound, get o/r mid pipe, but I see you're in NY,(smog testing) so I like the setup you want.

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
i have on off road h-pipe on my 90 notchback ( for sale ). i want something different. i never used a mac prochamber before but i never heard a bad thing about it. i normally use off road x-pipes on all my mustangs except my notch and 03 cobra. so i am pretty curious to see how it sounds.

i hope these pro dumps sound good. thats what i am more "concerned" about. how does your sound? any compliments on them?

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
I can vouch for the MAC LT's and the prochamber, I am very happy with them aside from a small exhaust leak in the weld of the prochamber itself. Just a small touch with the MIG welder and all will be good. As for the FRPP Catback on the '95, I assume the topic is the M51, I do not recommend anyone to ever get it. Many things I didn't like, 1st was terrible fitment due to prewelded design and the second is the mufflers neck down to 2 1/4". Brutal.

I'm not too sure on the MAC catback, I've heard mixed things, but most of them are tail pipe fitment, with dumps that issue shouldn't exist.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Here is a video of my exhaust; I think it would sound different on yours though, mods are in my sig...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread