Need advice on cobra part out

ARodmarauder

Established Member
Hey everyone need some help planning on parting out my 98 cobra. Need advice on what I can get for the mainly the big item parts like engine, trans and supercharger. The supercharger is a vortech v2 t-trim. The engine is fully built with forged internals and the trans is stock. Other than that there nothing else special about it. Your input is greatly appreciated. TIA

ARodmarauder

Established Member
Why you parting out? Is the engine in good health? May be interested in engine/ blower

Lost interest in the car. Was cool at first but I want to get something else. I figured it's better to part it then sell the car as a whole.
Yeah the engine is good. It probably has around 1000 miles since its rebuild. It's been running on 8psi with no issues.

TDUB003

Established Member
If that car is in decent shape I would return it to stock as much as you can and sell the aftermarket stuff separate.

mustang3X

Established Member
Bump can anyone give advice on what the parts sell for.

After you total up the hours spent parting the car out you will be no further ahead than if you sold it complete, and most likely will have lost money. Used parts are not that valuable and you are going to spend untold hours removing little odds and ends, not to mention shipping, handling payments, and the huge mess that will be made taking the car apart. Parting out cars is penny wise and pound foolish, unless you do it for a living.

You'll be further ahead by doing what TDUB003 said, or selling it as is, or taking the major speed parts off and donating the complete car and taking the tax deduction.

You've already lost interest in the car and here you are still working on it, get rid of it and start your new project.

Users who are viewing this thread