Need advice on catback.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I am in between on exhaust. I had the Steeda/Borla catback on my car and thought I wanted something different/louder. So I bought a used Borla Stinger set up. But man its loud...:rolling:

I like them both, and each has their own sound that is unique and nice but I dont know which one to sell and which one to keep.

What would you guys pick if you were in my shoes?

My exhaust set up is : Kooks 1 5/8 LT headers, offroad X, and then the two exhaust listed above.

Also would cats quite it down any?

Thanks for the input.

Jsko

Established Member
I always liked my Magnaflow catback. It sounds great, Its not always loud, which is perfect for cruising or long drives, but when you go WOT, it sounds perfect.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I agree, I ha magnaflow a few years back, well actually the magnapak.

The Stingers are fairly tame, the only issue I have with the stingers in the mid throttle noise..it goes from tame, to WHATS UP! On the gas is a whole different story, its all business...lol

termin8rdsg

Established Member
Bassani is a popular choice, plus you can get the set-up to remove the cats too if you want. I would recommend going to YouTube to listen to exhaust clips. I have bbk cats and borla stingers with factory headers. I'm a fan of the sound, mean aggressive tone at idle and lower rpm's and towards wot it obviously gets louder and sounds great.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I will have to call kooks to see if I can purchase the cats that will slip in place of the off road section on the kooks x pipe.

But when I say loud...its a understatement. I guarantee women and children are running in fear...ha

d-nice

Established Member
:lol:

I miss it when women would grab there children when I pulled into parking lots.

bbk03gt24

Established Member
I will have to call kooks to see if I can purchase the cats that will slip in place of the off road section on the kooks x pipe.

But when I say loud...its a understatement. I guarantee women and children are running in fear...ha

when you get the cats put in, please post a vid so that we can hear it. i really want to hear the Kooks LTs, Kooks catted x pipe, and the stingers.

Users who are viewing this thread