need advice on buying a 04 Cobra

Way2QWK

Established Member
Hey guys, Ive been visiting this site for the last year now and finally decided to register. Glad to be aboard. I need some advise on what would be the best decision on trading in my 02 GT for a 04 Cobra.

I went to one of the local SVT dealers last week, just to check out if they had any mystichrome cobras in yet. They had two 04 Cobras a vert and a coupe. I want a coupe. The coupe is black and I really dont want black. I have a black Grandnational and it too stressful keeping clean, and it just sits in the garage..... I talked to the finance manager and he said the black coupe has been on the lot for a while and he would make a good deal for me to get it out. I told them I would come back to see there deal in writing. I plan on going by this week. However I stopped by today to get a closer look at it (closed on Sundays) and I found alot wrong with it.

At least 5 scratches over the car, Rear bumper scraped, waterspots on paint and glass, plastic hood vents warped(look like they are going to fall off) and the worst thing was major orange peel to the hood.
What would be the best approach to get a good deal on this car with the damage I saw. Im torn between waiting untill later this year and find the color I want verse ... trying to get a good deal on this black coupe :burnout:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
What ever you do, don't settle for second best. Your paying for it, make sure its either damn perfect of they compensated you for it in the deal.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
orange peel? panels not fitting right? sounds like it's had some time in the shop... walk now, there's a reason it's been there for a while.

BTW -Welcome:beer:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Making a deal on that heap would be a mistake. Don't let your emotions get the best of you. Find a different coupe somewhere else.

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
Making a deal on that heap would be a mistake. Don't let your emotions get the best of you. Find a different coupe somewhere else.

Great advice. Wait till you can get the color you want. You won't regret it.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Just wait for a nice sonic blue with chrome wheels ;-)

Way2QWK

Established Member
thanks for the replys guys. Does anyone know aprox. date when the 04's will end production. How long do I have to look???:burnout:

Way2QWK

Established Member
Im thinking torch red or redfire. Probably torch red cause I have a car that is near the redfire color already. I really wish Ford had mineral grey for the 04 models.

87FOXGT

Established Member
let me know too, im looking to order a white vert, but i am not gonna get the car til april 24th which is my 25th birthday! i wanna make sure i still can order one!

Users who are viewing this thread