Need advice on a build.

Rem152

Established Member
I have an 06 low mileage 43k to be exact gt mustang with a 2.6 Kennedy Belle on it BBK long tube headers, 3 inch flow master exhaust, mgw shifter, ShaftMasters aluminum one piece drive shaft. Now prior to the shifter and a driveshaft the car put down 440 to the wheels. Now as most have commented that's the safe zone with the 3v and even then you can still throw a rod. My goal now is to forge the internals since the blower is capable of quite a bit more. I'm not looking for a 9 second car since it's probably taken out of the garage once a week, but with the new tech and how well the coyote motors respond to mods I'm somewhat left at a loss. Although I appreciate the tech and the advancement the s197 holds a place near and dear to me. I just called an unnamed shop with a quote of over 8900.00 just to build up the engine using mines which I think is a bit crazy. Or quite possibly I could be the one wrong. I'm looking for a decent 575 to 650 at the wheels this is strictly a street car, but with vetted, challengers, the boosted yotes I'd like something to have some more fun in because the 440 has over stayed its welcome. So here in lies my question do you know anyone in South Florida I'm willing to drive if need be that A.Won't try to screw me over and B.Does reliable work that you don't need to sell a kidney for. I apologize for the long message I just want to make sure I cover all my bases because I know that these builds can turn into horror stories.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread