Need advice on a aftermarket fan for turbo setup bad.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Well almost done with my turbo setup. But the stock fan does not fit any more. Can some one give me advice on a slimline fan that would be compairable to stock? Also the big problem is how to wire it in. Can some one tell me how I would do that? I know that the stock fan has some type of low to high speed sensor on it, what do I do with that?

Thanks.

quikcobra

Established Member
Just buy a slim fan, Any slim universal should work. Just measure your radiator. And ger a comparable fan. They should be held in by a type of zip-tie. And just wire it in to either your connector, Or to a toggle switch. Very easy

And goodluck

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Just buy a slim fan, Any slim universal should work. Just measure your radiator. And ger a comparable fan. They should be held in by a type of zip-tie. And just wire it in to either your connector, Or to a toggle switch. Very easy

And goodluck

But the stock fan was a three wire setup. There is this sensor on the stock fan that tells when to switch from low to high. Very confusing for me because I'm not that skilled in electronics. Very simple knowledge.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Get some dual SPAL fans and mount them on the opposite side of the radiator to push through it instead of pull. Will give you tons of clearance. Most aftermarket fans come with a thermostat probe to control what temp you want the fans to turn on at.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
I have to stay with a puller. I have no room in the front of the radiator. What temp should it turn on you think?

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
If you dont have your FMIC sandwiched between your a/c & bumper support, u can run a 16" 3400 cfm zirgo fan and reverse the blades on the fan(as well as your wiring), and run only the red wire (cut out resistor thing) and it will run off the temp the sensor in your coolant crossover see's. Just lower your temp in your tune.The fan is a tighhhhhht fit, but it WILL go in there, and it looks pretty killer too. Btw , i also drilled my T-stat just for extra insurance

Last edited:

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
If you dont have your FMIC sandwiched between your a/c & bumper support, u can run a 16" 3400 cfm zirgo fan and reverse the blades on the fan(as well as your wiring), and run only the red wire (cut out resistor thing) and it will run off the temp the sensor in your coolant crossover see's. Just lower your temp in your tune.The fan is a tighhhhhht fit, but it WILL go in there, and it looks pretty killer too. Btw , i also drilled my T-stat just for extra insurance

You running a stock t-stat or a cooler one. I'm running a 160. I think stock is like 190???

Users who are viewing this thread