6. 180
  7. 180
  8. 180

Squirted oil in #4: Retest showed 150

What are my options?

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Leak down test will give you an idea where it's going.
The wet comp didn't come up too much so maybe you'll get lucky and find a dislodged follower holding a valve open slightly. Also the passenger valve cover is easier to get off.

Any noises or running issues?

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Leak down test will give you an idea where it's going.
The wet comp didn't come up too much so maybe you'll get lucky and find a dislodged follower holding a valve open slightly. Also the passenger valve cover is easier to get off.

Any noises or running issues?

No noise or running issues, I actually just pulled it out of winter storage, and tested it for shits and giggles. Didn't even drive just pulled it out of garage and let it get to operating temp.

Talked to an engine builder who said he has seen this happen with cars that sit all winter. He said not to worry and drive it and retest. He said valve/ring may just re seat itself. He says condensation can build up and may need to burn off. Don't know how true that is.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
***Update- Retested today after a spirited drive the other day and all cylinders were between 180-190 psi. Moral of the story is do not perform a compression test without some drive time, after a long winter storage. The engine needs to be put through different load cycles, to ensure rings and valves are properly seating, due to condensation/carbon deposits.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Good deal. The best kind of repair is none at all.
Enjoy and stay safe this season.

SV
I am relieved to say the least, would have been a complete bummer to have an internal engine problem to deal with. I just want to drive the car and have some fun after this crappy winter. You stay safe and enjoy your car.

Users who are viewing this thread