Need advice, looking at a 5.0

Adam99L

Established Member
Went to look at a 5.0 with 17,000 miles on it this weekend. It has everything im looking for, GT premium with Brembo package, the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is that the CarFax lists the transmission as having been replaced twice. When I drove it I couldn't hear any whine, and the car has a Hurst shifter (don't know if this makes a difference). Here is a link to the car, the carfax it available there too.

Cars for Sale: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium in Palm Harbor, FL 34684: Coupe Details - 314662120 - AutoTrader.com

Am I being paranoid or should I stay away?

atistang

Established Member
Well find out if the warranty is still good, but you should be able to talk them down quite a bit

I bought my 11 premium gt with 400 miles for 26k back in november

I'd try and talk them down to 25

scott_0

Established Member
great looking car, but I wouldnt pay that for it, talk them down. as said, be sure the warranty is in place, the actual Ford warranty that is, and get it in writing as you dont want any surprises if you have any issues. there was a member a little while back that had to go through some drama after buying a 5.0 that had no warranty, which he didnt find out about until after he signed the papers if I remember correctly

Adam99L

Established Member
Could I call a ford dealership with the VIN to confirm the warranty is still intact? Its at a MINI dealership, they say it still has the balance of the factory warranty, but they also didnt know it had a v8.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Get the Vin number , and call or stop by a Ford Dealer and get an Oasis report run, that will confirm the warranty [if it's still in force], and what's been done to the Car and Tranny by Ford....

D.T.R

Established Member
Could I call a ford dealership with the VIN to confirm the warranty is still intact? Its at a MINI dealership, they say it still has the balance of the factory warranty, but they also didnt know it had a v8.

I would have told them it's the V6 mustang... and run with it. Then request a price according to a v6 mustang :rolling:

viperakron

Established Member
I'm shopping now. Was going with a 11 used, but you can get a new 12 with the dealer incentive for that price.(base GT 5.0)

TerminatorFTW

The Orange
Established Member
Talk em down to 26-ish, then make sure to get those aluminum pieces that supposedly help with this issue. Good luck!

Wiremap

Established Member
get the vin number , and call or stop by a ford dealer and get an oasis report run, that will confirm the warranty [if it's still in force], and what's been done to the car and tranny by ford....

+1, also the price is kinda high, try to work some magic and lower it a bit!

Adam99L

Established Member
Thanks for the help everyone, got the Oasis report and the warranty was still good.The transmission issues turned out to be a loose vent cap on the top of the tranny and replacing pressure plate bolts, the repairs just required the transmission to be removed hence transmission replacement on the carfax. Tried negotiating with them but they wouldn't budge from 27.5 which seemed like to much so I passed. Oh well the search continues...

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Thanks for the help everyone, got the Oasis report and the warranty was still good.The transmission issues turned out to be a loose vent cap on the top of the tranny and replacing pressure plate bolts, the repairs just required the transmission to be removed hence transmission replacement on the carfax. Tried negotiating with them but they wouldn't budge from 27.5 which seemed like to much so I passed. Oh well the search continues...

At 27.5, that's close to new car territory. Depending on your region, there are some good incentives going on. If you have access to X-plan pricing, with that and incentives and brand new GT Premium is in the 28.5 neighborhood.

scott_0

Established Member
theyll call you tomorrow to come in and talk about a deal, Im surprised they let you leave the dealership, the car just isnt worth that with 17k on it, I paid $32k for mine with 85mi on and the same options, and I think I overpaid a bit.........

implosive

Established Member
I personally would just get an x plan pin and buy new. These dealers seriously pump up the prices of the pre-owned mustangs

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I personally would just get an x plan pin and buy new. These dealers seriously pump up the prices of the pre-owned mustangs

i think u guys have it worse down there. since u have no shitty winter, like up north. usually winter time, its easier to get a deal on used mustangs.

Users who are viewing this thread