Need advice, LL, FADE, all the big boys

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
I am getting my heads, but I cannot decide. I was told by someone that the heads LFP sells are junk (another vender, but a friend of a friend). I think he might be trying to sell me his heads, but I wanted you guys' option.

Does anyone had any complaints about them? I believe they are patroit heads.

any feedback would be great.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Many use Patriot heads with good results. Fox Lake or VT-same thing are supposedly the best. You also have TEA or Total Engine Airflow that are a good head and good price. JDM are just overpriced. JLP heads are priced comperable with Fox Lake.

LL has LFP stage II heads and stage 2.5 cams. I have a set of used Fox Lake heads and JLP stage III cams. For the money you can't beat the Patriot heads.

Look on NLOC under the gen 2 section for a thread called You've been THUNDERSTRUCK!! There is a set of heads in there that are hogged out like no others. You could contact the vendor to see where he got them.

Of course LFP and Patriot are SV's here so you can't go wrong with either IMHO. (Same stuff anyhow)

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
All of the published flow #'s for stage III heads are basically the same as are the parts used in them. Just like anything else you can pay more for the same stuff because of the name associated with it.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
On a s/c engine heads/cams don't really do that. They will increase not only peak hp but all along the curve as well. Only turbo guys will need a converter that high, to allow them to build boost off the line. Switching converters merely allows us to apply more power to the ground before the t/c locks up and blows the tires off.

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
On a s/c engine heads/cams don't really do that. They will increase not only peak hp but all along the curve as well. Only turbo guys will need a converter that high, to allow them to build boost off the line. Switching converters merely allows us to apply more power to the ground before the t/c locks up and blows the tires off.

well that is not what I meant. As you increase air flow via cams, your powerband will move up or down some, not the peak power, but where your curve start will move up. I just want to make sure I still have good down low power..

Users who are viewing this thread