Need advice for Nitrous setup on my 2004 Cobra...

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
CompOrange04 said:
^where are you injecting yours at? pics of the setup maybe?

Mine is after MAF beween the MAF and the throttle body on the lower side(about 4-6 inches from the TB) ...i wrapped the line with the plastic electrical conduit that comes factory on our cars(like around the blower where the vacuum lines are) then wrapped that with black electrical tape...you cant even see the line...at all. :beer:

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
Z-06_Killa said:
Mine is after MAF beween the MAF and the throttle body on the lower side(about 4-6 inches from the TB) ...i wrapped the line with the plastic electrical conduit that comes factory on our cars(like around the blower where the vacuum lines are) then wrapped that with black electrical tape...you cant even see the line...at all. :beer:
what system is this? I guess you are running a window switch? I guess when "they" (wherever you get your tuning done) tunes for the dry kit do "they" automatically adjust for more fuel to be added. Someone needs to conduct Nitrous for Dummies 101 for me please! I just got off the phone with NX and they said that they only offer wet kits. I see there are enough people around with these systems for them to be a reputable product, but... is one better than the other?

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
CompOrange04 said:
what system is this? I guess you are running a window switch? I guess when "they" (wherever you get your tuning done) tunes for the dry kit do "they" automatically adjust for more fuel to be added. Someone needs to conduct Nitrous for Dummies 101 for me please! I just got off the phone with NX and they said that they only offer wet kits. I see there are enough people around with these systems for them to be a reputable product, but... is one better than the other?

I have and NX bottle.... had an NX solenoid but it was failing....

NX- leader in nitrous right now. Only thing you change is you dont wire the fuel solenoids up, and you have to use a nozzle from a dry kit(NOS, Zex, Cold Fusion, etc...)

Yes when you get a tune done for a dry kit "they" adjust for fuel. this is why you run a flip chip so you dont dump fuel when not using the nitrous...

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I'll throw this out for what it is worth. I'm running a 2.9 pulley, stock injectors, pumps and put on a wet zex kit with adv. 75 jets .040 n20 .026 fuel, tapped off of fuel rail. I've got a predator and lm1 to monitor and a msd digital window switch set 3200 to 6100. #3rd gear pull normal, 11.8/1 a/f as usual from 3k to 6.5k. Turn on n2o, same road, 3rd gear from 3k starts out 11.8/1 at 3.2k drops to 10.9/1 slowly rises to 11.2/1 at 6.1k then goes to 11.8/1 to 6.5k. fuel press via predator 39psi. Timing at 20 deg max. normal is 23 deg. max. I'm going to change the window setting a bit for now. It comes on smooth btw at this size, I imagine a nx kit uses larger jets though for same rating.

Hope this helps I also have a x/or and catback and 9" k&n and misc. suspension stuff.

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
n20

50-75shot thought the intercooler is the trick of the trade now and days on a blown vehicle. If we are talking N/A motors on the 4.6L . Most stock pumps will support 150shot n20's. You better have a tune however. A 75-100 will spray np on a stock tune. I would recommend to have all safety devices in place when using n20. A/F wideband commander or Lm1, Fuel Pressure Safety Switch, WoT Switch, Window Switch. All that in place allows for safe operation of n20 and a good ass whipping on ricers and LS motors. I would recommend NX speaking from a person who has used NoS, Compucar, and Zex. NX noids are larger and have less tendency to have the pins stick which causes serious lean issues on other systems. Just my 2cp. As for type of kit, wet has always been safer no matter the application. (That is not being said to start a thread-hijack move it's just a matter of opinion) That is all. Happy Juice!

Blk04Svt

Established Member
I'm using a 125 shot on my 04 Cobra. I got the new Cobra kit from NOS. I would use a window switch for safety though.

Blk04Svt

Established Member
You can use the factory tune also, up to 125hp shot. My motor is all stock with the exception of a cold air intake and Cat-back. Modded cars, pullies, etc... not sure. Dyno tune to be sure.

blownsvt

Established Member
BadAzztt said:
Sprayed pony- I get what you are trynig to say that the amount of hp related to injectors is not right BUT...

If you throw that procharger on and tune it (without nitrous) and can get it to run on 24# injectors with a proper air fuel ratio (not likely) than adding nitrous with the proper fuel and nitrous jets your air fuel will NOT change. The problem with your scenarion is the injectors are limited for the application to begin with, this is not the fault of the nitrous system (or the case on an 03 cobra).

You must remember nitrous has been run on cars long before injectors came into play.If you run a 750cfm carb and a plate system underneath you don't change the size of the carb.

The selenoid for the fuel with a wet system acts as it's own injector for fuel. Where, when or how fuel is added in the mix(as long as it's before the cylinders) does not matter only the overall mixture in the end.

Open your mind young Jedi, you will see the light.
well said! you answered alot of questions i had been wondering also. :beer:

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Z-06_Killa said:

Is everyone tapping in at that same location, wet and dry apart from the new NOS plate system?

I too have concerns about distribution through the blower, but those are sweet HP gains.

Users who are viewing this thread