Need Advice For My 01 Cobra

01CaliSnake

Established Member
I recently purchased an 01 cobra and it is stock...i am looking to get the exhaust, intake, and possibly an x pipe upgraded.....wondering what setup is good and going to give me a nice loud deep sound and good numbers.....Thanks in advance....

Wrench

Established Member
jlt is the best intake you can buy. and slp o/r x-pipe with loudmouth II. ( my opinion on the exhaust )

smkstang1

Established Member
I Agree on the JLT but if you want something more mellow then I would suggest Mgnaflow or Bassanni... I have Magnaflow X-Pipe and a Mgnaflow Catback and love every minute of it...:)

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
Hey dude. Search on new edge forum and you will find more than enough info. Plus the sticky is pretty awesome.

smkstang1

Established Member
johnjib said:
Hey dude. Search on new edge forum and you will find more than enough info. Plus the sticky is pretty awesome.
Are you planning to sell your Hood, Light Bar, and Tonneau Cover... I like it a lot.... Can I have it please... (I said "please") :poke:

Looks awsome :beer:

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
I can't sell her yet. I have to get everything else done first. Then I will think about it. Thanks man.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
My Flowmaster and prochamber combo have a nice deep rumble. I'm looking to try different cat-backs in the future but this is a good combo for sound.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I say JLT, I have one and love it. I also really like my MAC catback alot! I'd say I will get a MAC h-pipe after I save up for my Kenne Bell, maybe before who knows.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Wrench said:
and slp o/r x-pipe with loudmouth II. ( my opinion on the exhaust )

Fair warning since no one else has mentioned it and I'm not sure you'd know on your own...

That combination will be rediculously loud...

CobraG

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
what combo would be ridiculously loud?????

This one:

Originally Posted by Wrench
and slp o/r x-pipe with loudmouth II. ( my opinion on the exhaust )

01CaliSnake

Established Member
ok...well it looks like i am going to be getting magnaflow catback exhaust and then look for a x pipe....any advice on magnaflows....it isnt the magnapacks(i believe) only costing me 375 and still in the box...thanks

CobraG

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
ok...well it looks like i am going to be getting magnaflow catback exhaust and then look for a x pipe....any advice on magnaflows....it isnt the magnapacks(i believe) only costing me 375 and still in the box...thanks

I think magnaflows are to quiet, but that's my opinion. Also, why spend $375 when you can get just mufflers for a lot less money.
Catbacks don't really give you that much more hp, they do give you nice tips but you can find those if you look around

CobraG

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:

Get the MagnaPacks instead of the MagnaFlows or better yet, the SLP LM I's

01CaliSnake

Established Member
ok..well i am not just looking for the loudest per say.....i am looking for that nice deep rumble that still gets attention.....anyone selling the slp"s?....so you are saying there is no difference if i just get the mufflers and keep the original piping i have....i am kinda new to this and take all knowledge anyone is willing to give me....thanks

CobraG

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
ok..well i am not just looking for the loudest per say.....i am looking for that nice deep rumble that still gets attention.....anyone selling the slp"s?....so you are saying there is no difference if i just get the mufflers and keep the original piping i have....i am kinda new to this and take all knowledge anyone is willing to give me....thanks

You'll hear some different opinions on this I'm sure but I will share mine with you. I have to find the best deal on mods I can, with a wife and two kids I cannot afford to run out and buy new and expensive parts so I shop around quiet a bit. Anyway, on to my opinion on the exhaust.
Other than the pipes from the catback and the tips, the catback doesn't give you anything extra really. Okay, hold on, here is where I am going with this.
You can get just the mufflers, let's say for $100, install for say another $50, have the same shop weld up some 2.5" pipes after the cat, another $50 so in essence you now have a catback for around $200, then we'll find some tips for $50, so we have spent $250 for practically a catback. Which leaves you money for other parts.
Depending on the catback you want, you can spend anywhere from $350 - $750 or higher.
I bought a catted VRS X pipe for $137 shipped, SLP resinators (LM I's) for $95 shipped, install is going to run me around $100, then another $50 to throw some 2.5" pipes in there. So I'm up to $382, without tips but I don't mind the stock tips, if I run across a deal I'll pick some up. Anyway, my figure of $382 includes a catted X, not bad I don't think, and it's cheaper than some catback's, just the catback.

Sorry this is so long, if you want, I'll keep an eye out for stuff for you, just let me know what you want.

:)

*edit* my above install figure is for 1 install, my figure below states $100, that is for installation of both the x pipe and the lm I's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread