Votes: 31 64.6%
  • 01 mustang gt bullitt with 3k miles

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

:decepTion:

Established Member
im looking at 3 cars here:

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra. Car has 30,000 miles. Excellent condition. The car has Steeda IRS bushings, Steeda IRS differential brace, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, FIPK cold air, C&L Trueflow inlet tube, Accufab throttle body and blower inlet, Fluidyne aftercooler, NGK TR6 plugs, 2.76 upper pulley, 100 mm idler and more. New tires. This is a 500+ hp car. The car does have a salvage title. Was a very light wreck. Air bags did not even go off. All mods have been done in the last 3,000 miles. guy is looking for 16k maybe i can drop him to 14k but no matter what its still a branded title

2nd car:

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT production no. 510 with only 3600 miles. 5 Speed manual transmission. Dark Highland Green exterior color with Dark Charcoal Leather bucket seats. Like new condition inside and out. Has all standard features plus the 6 CD Changer Mach stereo radio option for this car. All scheduled maintenance. Always garaged. Never seen rain or snow. Original build sheet included as well as a Technalon car cover. the guy will let it go for 16k for me

3rd car:

an 2003 cobra again with 49k miles oxford white and black vert. the guy will also let this one go for 16k has clear title. supposedly was a florida car

need to know asap looking to move on one of these in the next couple of days your opinions are much appreciated. one of these will be my next daily driver :beer:

Last edited:

GTIZZL

Established Member
I voted for the oxford white.. I don't care for yellow plus the title is branded and the bullitt would be great with low miles but that price will get you a nice terminator and the bullitt doesn't have enough power for me..

Plus I have a vert now and love it!

Last edited:

Established Member
thanks for the advice yea the only thing that scares me about a vert is i live in chicago but does it really matter? verts arnt bad to maintain if you keep on top of it right? and the miles are 48k thats still considered pretty low? i mean usually i like to buy my cars in the 20-30k range in miles but right now i cant find any of those in my price range

Beaver2000

Established Member
I had a 2000 gt vert. Bought it at 65,000 miles and sold it at ~80,000 miles and mine leaked alittle around the pass. side where the window connects with the top, but it wasnt terrible....Only really started leaking in HEAVY rains.

Bullitt520

Established Member
Have you seen all the cars in person? In Illinois a 'vert is gonna be pretty shot if its your winter DD as well. As mentioned above unless you go FI that Bullitt will be pretty lame. You will always regret not getting a Cobra.

30k Miles is pretty low anyway, even more so when you consider the price and what lower mile Cobras have been going for. Check the accident, drive the car and make sure the seller is reasonable. It has some sweet mods and the hardtop would be a better call for a DD. The only problem of course is the Zinc Yellow. But the price seems right especially if you can get him down to 14. Hell you can always just paint it black anyway. I say the ZY is your best option here.

Established Member
im going to see the bullitt saturday and the oxford white cobra either tonight or some time this week the yellow cobra is a bit of a drive so i would have to have my mind pretty set idk i can always back out if i see something i dont like but just on judging them for what they are now is mainly what i wanna see what people think obviously if the white 03 is sporting a pile of problems i wont be going for it. thanks again for the advice keep them coming guys its much appreciated :beer:

mgmustang1

Established Member
Bullitt is too much $ don't care how many miles it has, what about a Mach 1? i voted for the vert myself but dont forget gas is rising and the cobra's are not so good on gas.

Established Member
Bullitt is too much $ don't care how many miles it has, what about a Mach 1? i voted for the vert myself but dont forget gas is rising and the cobra's are not so good on gas.

right now im drivin a dodge ram 1500 slt 5.7l hemi and i get average 11mpg so gas mileage doesnt bother me the mach 1 i was just looking at just got sold the other day and now there really arnt any in my area in my price range

ideal for me is im trying to get a cobra or mach 1 i really want a cobra even if its an 01 or 99 ill take it over a mach 1

GTIZZL

Established Member
I never have an issue with my vert, but I also live in Las Vegas. If you take care of it and garage it if you can I'm pretty sure it would be ok.

raw23062

Established Member
Not much on the 01's...lack of power.
Not much on a branded title.
OW vert would be great....if you didn't live in Chicago.

You may have to wait a little longer....but I would wait til you find a deal on a terminator coupe....that's what I would do. Im not in the market for one but I still look and it seems a good deal pops up fairly often.

Good luck on whatever you do.

mgmustang1

Established Member
Not much on the 01's...lack of power.
Not much on a branded title.
OW vert would be great....if you didn't live in Chicago.

You may have to wait a little longer....but I would wait til you find a deal on a terminator coupe....that's what I would do. Im not in the market for one but I still look and it seems a good deal pops up fairly often.

Good luck on whatever you do.

+1. if you feel more comfortable with a coupe being in Chicago wait for the right one. buying a branded title car means if you want to sell it your going to have a hard time. Make sure its what you want but what ever you do stick with the 03-04's.

Established Member
+1. if you feel more comfortable with a coupe being in Chicago wait for the right one. buying a branded title car means if you want to sell it your going to have a hard time. Make sure its what you want but what ever you do stick with the 03-04's.

i would but a vert doesnt scare me much its just is it possible to maintain a vert nicely in chi? i dont want to have problems with it thats all if it means me tending to it with extra car its all good here

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Voted Vert. Not because I own one :D but because 16k is to much for a salvage Cobra, and 16k is way to much for a bullit

Established Member
i just found a 10th anniversary edition in some shady ass dealership in cicero called auto sales shes got 23k miles only im guessin the area is bad enough its got a steering wheel lock bar they seem to be asking 18k o_O somethin must be wrong

Bullitt02744

Established Member
+1 on the super low mile, reliable, and awesome looking Bullitt.
power is there .........well kinda. get on a plane and go find a FI Bullitt with low miles and still pay less than 16k. thats what id do man!

Users who are viewing this thread