Need a tuner for my GT500

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Here's the deal, I bought a basic JLT/2.6/Xcal3 setup from a member here about a 1 1/5 years ago. The guy I bought it from purchased it from a renown dealer/ tuner on here..

After several attempts at trying to get a retune for my current setup, I've had no success, not even a reply on emails, I'm fully aware and will pay for a retune, but to be completely ignored is unacceptable.

So, who can someone recommend? It's a simple upper/lower/port on 93 octane and a 2nd tune for a 125 shot of N20

FordFanStan

Established Member
I think most people here would recommend Jon Lund or Justin from VMP.

Make sure you have datalogging equipment if you are going to get an email tune so you can record and send them the info needed so they can dial it in better or go to a local place/dyno and work with them. If the local place is good, they can tune, if they don't have a lot of 5.4 4v experience you can rent the dyno but still use one of the email tuners. my .02 cents, FFS

Van@RevanRacing

Here's the deal, I bought a basic JLT/2.6/Xcal3 setup from a member here about a 1 1/5 years ago. The guy I bought it from purchased it from a renown dealer/ tuner on here..

After several attempts at trying to get a retune for my current setup, I've had no success, not even a reply on emails, I'm fully aware and will pay for a retune, but to be completely ignored is unacceptable.

So, who can someone recommend? It's a simple upper/lower/port on 93 octane and a 2nd tune for a 125 shot of N20

It's a simple request right up and to the point you mention 125 Shot of Nitrous.

The car has to be on a dyno. It's Easter Weekend and Jon is off but your best bet will be to contact him directly at [email protected]

You will need a local shop that will operate the car on the dyno and install an A/F meter in a bung on the car. (tail pipe sniffers are useless and inaccurate) Jon and I didn't even buy one for our dyno.

They will have to be able to give you the actual dyno run file and you will be data logging the car with a laptop during the pulls. You then email the data log and the dyno run file to Jon. Then he works over and through the data and will email back to you a revised tune file. First you dial in the 93 octane tune. Then you dial in the Nitrous tune.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
It's a simple request right up and to the point you mention 125 Shot of Nitrous.

The car has to be on a dyno. It's Easter Weekend and Jon is off but your best bet will be to contact him directly at [email protected]

You will need a local shop that will operate the car on the dyno and install an A/F meter in a bung on the car. (tail pipe sniffers are useless and inaccurate) Jon and I didn't even buy one for our dyno.

They will have to be able to give you the actual dyno run file and you will be data logging the car with a laptop during the pulls. You then email the data log and the dyno run file to Jon. Then he works over and through the data and will email back to you a revised tune file. First you dial in the 93 octane tune. Then you dial in the Nitrous tune.

Right on, Jon hooked me up with my Whippled 03 and my 06 GT, I have a wide band and a bung ready

Just kinda pissed that the original guy who wrote the tunes will not give me the time of day :bash:

It's amazing in this economy that people still could give a **** less about service.

Users who are viewing this thread