Need a recommendation for lug nut replacement

blk96SVT

Established Member
Having an issue with pretty much all of my rear wheels lug nuts. Most of them seem to have swollen up and I can not get a socket on them. I can use that same socket on all of the front lugs with no issue at all. I would like to replace all of the lug nuts, but not sure if I should just go with OEM or is there a better option. I already unfortunately stripped one lug nut on each wheel so I ordered a bolt extractor to remove them. Thanks for any suggestions.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Gorilla has wheel nuts with a 3/4" hex instead of stock 13/16".

I'm using a set with my Forgeline wheels.

Clamshell part # is 41187...............also avail in black chrome 41187BC

Tony

raustin0017

Established Member
How do lug nuts swell up? Someone must have used the incorrect socket to remove/tighten them at some time. I'm not a master mechanic but the only nuts I have seen swell up are mine.

blk96SVT

Established Member
How do lug nuts swell up? Someone must have used the incorrect socket to remove/tighten them at some time. I'm not a master mechanic but the only nuts I have seen swell up are mine.
No idea, shitty quality and heat??? I don't know. I use the same socket on the front and rear and the fronts have no issue at all.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
If you put 3/4" wheel nuts on your car make sure whoever services the car know that they are the smaller size wheel nuts otherwise they'll just grab the 13/16" socket and start hammering away with the impact on the nuts, a quick way to totally wreck the first few wheel nuts and they'll most likely get stuck inside the socket.

Users who are viewing this thread